GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't begin to describe the feeling as we watched the news and saw the faces of our friends and loved ones from church on tv last night after we arrived in Grand Junction for some work.
The peace, calm and tranquility of our close-knit small mountian town was shattered yesterday by a gunman that killed a young girl and then himself.
Your prayers and thoughts would be much coveted by our community as we pass through these deep waters.

·
Registered
602 Posts
It goes to show that this sort of thing (violence) can reach out to any community, anywhere and at any time. It's unfortunate that in most cases someone innocent is affected and after almost 20 years in law enforcement, I still find myself asking why this sort of thing happens.

These type of incidents are becoming more frequent and I can tell you that here in So. Calif, we can't build jails fast enough to hold violent offenders. This means that many are released from custody much sooner than they're supposed to be, where they are free to roam the streets causing hate and discontent. The ones who pay the ultimate price are the tax paying, hard working people like you and me who are just trying to survive. I wish I had an answer for it all but I don't.

I suppose thoughts and prayers, as well as family is all we really have to hang onto. For those afflicted by the grief of this incident, I can only assume you will look to that which you find strength.

You have my prayers and my thoughts will be with you.

Shoots

·
Registered
163 Posts
Prayers

Prayers are being sent your way from Texas. Why, why? would someone do that? I just don't understand what goes wrong in someone's head and heart for them to do such a senseless, horrible thing. Our world is rapidly becoming a place filled with evil for our children, our most precious gems. They are not safe anywhere. :cry:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Well said, Shoots.

Prayers for the family and community.
Dep

·
Registered
166 Posts
I will never understand crimes against our children. Our Father didn't give us children because they can't take care of themselves or because they are weak. Or to teach sociaty a lesson by using them. Our Father gave us children to to teach us Unconditional love and and to show us how not to be selfish and work for them and other's not just ourselfs. And how to give forgiveness. And we as parents or adults recieve so much joy when we recieve these lessons. Our prayer's are with you from Michigan

·
Registered
125 Posts
As a parent of a Columbine Survivor , we're praying for all the kids and the community, It will be years before all the bad stuff can be processed out for all involved.
Too many laws , too many rules, keeping the scum alive and free, you can't smoke, can't drink more than 2 beers and drive, but you can be a pervert ,loozer, waste of oxygen and ruin lives.

We better come to our senses soon, there are no human/civil rights for people who are not human

·
Registered
602 Posts
As much as I hate to admit it guys, we're at the tip of the iceberg regarding the level of violence in today's society. Our so called "Correctional Faclity's" are anything but correcting in any sense of the word. They are nothing more than wharehouses erected to keep bad people away from good.

It sickens me that I arrest a 68 year old man for molesting a 3 year old girl and he's recirculated back into the real world after only a few years. We call it parole and it's a fancy word for "make more room for the next maggot". The way things should be and the way things are, unfortunatley are two seperate issues indeed.

Here in Liberal Calif the criminals have more constitutional rights than the average citizen ever will. If I had to do it all over, I'd of went to some kind of trade school and learned air conditioning repair or something. At least at the end of the day I would have felt like I created something or made a difference.

Take care of yourselves, your family and all that matters. I firmly believe that all this is part of a bigger plan that was put in motion many moons ago. I also believe that plan includes misery and unjustice for all of us and we have to suck it up and be strong for those who are unable.

God bless you all.

·
Registered
900 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how far we've come technologically, but how far we have to go spiritually, ethically and morally...

I sometimes wonder when God put man at the top of the "food chain", if he didn't make a mistake...

My thoughts about overpopulation in the prison systems... When they get full and you have to shove the next one in - eliminate the one that's been there longest. Don't do it with hate or malice - because then we'd be no better than the criminals - do it with regret. But we certainly can't allow criminally-inclined individuals to have such a negative impact on our society.

I could go on and on... But I don't want to hijack this thread...

Hold closely to the ones you love on your road to recovery...

-=Will=-

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Memorial Fundraiser Motorcycle Ride

Let the healing begin.
Local organizers on our community BB: http://www.pinecam.com/index.php

Have put together a memorial ride from Columbine H.S. to Platte Canyon H.S. for Sat 10-7-06

More info here: http://tinyurl.com/ha8ln
E-mail info here: mailto:[email protected]

Those of you wishing to follow the thread on the BB can read it here:
http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... highlight=

Once again 1800 riders, THANK YOU for your prayers, support and thoughtfulness.

Anyone wishing to make the ride can meet at Columbine H.S. around 0930 on that date.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'll be there in spirit....but not in person......praying for you ......... can't imagine the pain and emotional tatters of your town ....... hope you all have the strength to get through this.......may God help all of the children who are dealing with this...........joy

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Prayers coming from Florida for you and your community. Why did we do away with the old fashion chain gangs. They worked people were to tired at night time to cause trouble, It is sad that kids can't get an education with out fear for their safety

1 - 13 of 13 Posts