GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen a pre-programmed radio staion button for Our GL?
I don't mean the individual buttons for each station, but similar to one that is in the car. One button can scroll through the pre-programmed stations.

It could be located near where your thumb is by the hand grips. This would be much safer than constantly taking your hand off the bars to change stations.
This would much better that the paddle switch that is already there.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
that would be a good idea, I've never seen a aftermarket addon, I think some electronics guru will have to tell us which Radio Shack parts we need to buy and how to wire it up. I'm a lover not a wire'er.

:sun1:

·
Registered
343 Posts
This is a motorcycle, only so much "stuff" will fit into the areas where it must go. A lot of "car" sound systems have only the control panel in the dash, the rest is in the trunk or elsewhere.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Javern,

Where in Iowa are you located. I'm going to ACHA College hockey National s in Ames this weekend

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TW said:
Hey Javern,

Where in Iowa are you located. I'm going to ACHA College hockey National s in Ames this weekend
I'm in Ames, no you can't borrow my wing :lol:

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I don't think he wants to borrow your Wing. He just wants to get something to drink :p :p :p

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With all those college kids there, getting a drink is the least of my worries! :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Not sure if this is what you mean but ...

The TUNE switch on the left handle grip can be used to SEEK for strong radio signals. Pressing and holding the TUNE switch (up or down) until you hear a short beep will cause the radio to SEEK the next available station.

The Wing radio also has a button that will AutoSelect several local radio stations. I am about 400 miles from my wing right now, but I think the button is labelled A.Sel. By pressing this button, the radio will find 12 FM and 6 AM radio stations in the area and temporarily reprogram the preset buttons to those stations. Pressing the A.Sel button again will restore your original pre-programmed presets.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
21,021 Posts
a scan button would be nice, with a auto scan button you can just press it once and let it scan till you hear something you like. Mostly all I ever get when useing the auto sellect button is a bunch of stations I am not interested in. Not a big issue just a suggestion.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
the radio on mine seems to be able to select only the crappy stations when i tried that hunt feature.

i fixed that with a xm roady, now i choose the tunes.

loren

·
Registered
325 Posts
Be berry berry qwiet.................Im hunting for wadio stations........... hehehhehehe

Hey, I know what you mean, I hate hunting for radio stations........ especially when your traveling out of your known area, trying to watch for traffic lights, and your scrolling with your thumb ......

Perhaps a good reccomendation for Honda? eh?

Ride Safe Yall!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts