GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will hate myself after hitting the enter key. Is there a way to positively identify a 2006 GL1800 to see if it's Premium Audio or not? I thought all 2006 were premium audio if made in the states. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
168 Posts
The quote is from Rider and their review of the 2006 Golwing

All four models also come with a new Premium Sound System for 2006, which operates from the same control panel on the tank but boosts power from 30 watts up to a booming 80 watts per channel from six larger speakers. Two are standard in the rear now, and there are four in the front, including a pair of tweeters.
That's all I know.

jdg

·
Chard Member
13,049 Posts
All 2006 up models of the GL1832 had premium audio in the States.

Six speakers with amplifier was considered “Premium “. Two of the speakers were the tweeters up frt.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. I was getting nervous buying parts and not knowing. Nothing on title or registration and VIN lookup didn't help. Have a good one.

·
Chard Member
13,049 Posts
Thanks, guys. I was getting nervous buying parts and not knowing. Nothing on title or registration and VIN lookup didn't help. Have a good one.

In 2006 they offered 4 packages.

Premium audio was the base model

Premium audio with comfort (heated seat & grips)

Premium audio with comfort and nav

Premium audio with comfort nav and abs

·
Vendor
17,787 Posts
In 2006 they offered 4 packages.

Premium audio was the base model

Premium audio with comfort (heated seat & grips)

Premium audio with comfort and nav

Premium audio with comfort nav and abs
And the airbag model !!!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
The absolute answer (2001-2017) .... is there a box behind the rear wheel that you have to remove the seat and unplug to be able to roll the rear wheel out the back (not using the "beached whale" tire change method nor a lift)? That box is the amplifier of the Premium Audio. I also agree that all "1" vin bikes for US sale will have Premium Audio.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The absolute answer (2001-2017) .... is there a box behind the rear wheel that you have to remove the seat and unplug to be able to roll the rear wheel out the back (not using the "beached whale" tire change method nor a lift)? That box is the amplifier of the Premium Audio. I also agree that all "1" vin bikes for US sale will have Premium Audio.
MORE level info:grin2::

2001-2005: ABS or Non-ABS

Early 2006:
Level 1: Premium Audio
Level 2: Add Comfort Package
Level 3: Add Navigation
Level 4: Add ABS

Late 2006-2008:
Level 1: Premium Audio
Level 2: Add Comfort Package, Navigation
Level 3: Add ABS
Level 4: Add Airbag