GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did Honda do to the 06 audio to make it Premium Audio? If they added an amp, where did they hide it?

B

·
0 Posts
Big difference too. I had an 04 and the difference between that with the optional (then) rear speakers is night and day compared to the new one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I bought an 02 6 months ago and have been looking at the amps offered by EC. A co-worker just bought an 02 and just purchased an amp kit for it. After he installs it, I will then decide if I want to make the investment.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
What did Honda do to the 06 audio to make it Premium Audio? If they added an amp, where did they hide it?
Beside the amp, which is 80W I believe, they put in larger front speakers and tweeters. You'll notice that because of the larger speakers, the 2006 and newer don't have the vents below the speakers. I can't remember if the rear speakers were added or if they had them before as part of the base package...

·
Registered
657 Posts
The rear speakers were added as part of the standard equipment coming with this package which was the base package to start with for the '06's.

The sound, in my opinion was awesome but you had to tweak the settings to get it to sound just right. Added an Ipod and I was one happy camper.

The '06's also added another package,ie: the "comfort" package which included the heated seats, grips and toe warmer vents, but this was done away with about half way thru the model year (I believe) and the only way to get that particular package was if you went to the next level up (Nav) where it was included.

Hope this helps.

Dennis

76 dtg Dubai
77 dtg Home

1 - 5 of 5 Posts