GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently sold my ST1300 and replaced it with a 2006 Goldwing with premium sound. I am definitely enjoying the added comfort. My friend that I ride with just bought a really nice 2002 Goldwing. I realize that the premium sound made a big difference in the sound through the speakers but was there also an improvement in the sound to the headsets as well? My friend feels that his has a little more distortion than mine through the headset. If this is true then has anyone found a way to upgrade the sound quality to the headsets. We both have J&M premium headsets and I am very happy with mine. I have not yet ridden his bike a highway speeds to see if I can detect the difference.We always ride with helmets and use the headsets so I don't think an external amp will make a difference in the headsets. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks / Dave

·
Vendor
22,510 Posts
I am not sure about the music quality, but I do know that they changed (fixed) the intercom amplifier so that the top shelter no longer acts like a big microphone on the 2006 model, which means not as much wind and road noise is transmitted to the headsets with the intercom on.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I believe that amp will make a difference.....more watts = clearer sound at lower volumes as well as higher volumes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts