GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed these at a local auto parts store recently and did a search on line. They seem to come in 2 lb. increments.

Anyone out there using these? Thoughts?

Seem like a good visual indicator in case you pick up a nail on a long trip.

http://www.tireminder.ca/

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I've never used them, but with all the problems people have with the angled stems on Wings, I fear the added weight would be a problem.

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
I've heard nothing but negative comments about using them on a motorcycle - I think on this board. Maybe a search would bring up that information.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I've heard reports of possible "catastrophic" deflation ... if the thing is broken or defective all the air can be released from the tire at once. Besides ... I like to visually check over my tires for other problems when I check the air.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Kg5ie De n5ejz

I have used those for about 12,000 miles no problems and were
accurate. Now I have the smartire stuff and I like it best. I know,
it's a PAIN to check air in the rear tire. Good luck you'll like the caps.

·
Registered
484 Posts
There are some that suck and some that are good. The good ones are 5 bucks a tire or better. I have been using them on cars, trucks, trailers, motorcycles, etc. for the last couple years with no problem. Even in winter they work with no leakdown. If in doubt, soap bubble test em.

http://www.accu-pressure.com/
This is the brand I have. NAPA car parts sells them in my area.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
valve caps

I think a better alternative is the Smartire device.
Go to Fred H's web site and look on the left side for product comments.
I have the product and could not be happier.

I

·
0 Posts
Worthless. Use a good pressure gage...regularly. There are no shortcuts and your life can depend on it.

Here is mine:

Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
To use them they have to depress the primary device for keeping air in the tires (Schrader valve sp?). I don't like the idea of loosing a level of air pressure security.

Just my opinion FWIW.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts