GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few of you guys also have a C14. Anything about a 2009 ABS that I should be aware of compared to a new one? How does $9,800 sound? 1,600 miles bought new in 2011 w/warranty until 2014. TIA

·
Registered
239 Posts
I know a few of you guys also have a C14. Anything about a 2009 ABS that I should be aware of compared to a new one? How does $9,800 sound? 1,600 miles bought new in 2011 w/warranty until 2014. TIA
I do not have a C14... I wish I had a new C14.... I have a C10 and really like it. The one you are speaking of sounds like an essentially new bike.
I believe new they are a 14K bike new. If it has been garaged and looks new then I would not hesitate. Others with blue books can verify. But to me it sounds like a goooood deal.

RJ

PS, A quick look at KBB is 6500 ish trade in and 9300 excellent retail, for me the extended warranty with the low miles would make it a Deal maker

·
Registered
812 Posts
Sounds like a good price to me. I think heat is the only issue for some with the 08 and 09's.

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
Just looked at an ad for one that was around 14k. Sounds like a good deal to me, but have never had one...

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
A local dealer was closing out '09s for about 10.5 this spring.
I looked hard at them, the only thing I heard about was the engine heat on the '09 being worse than the '10. After a test ride I could see what they met about the heat around your shins. I think there are potential fixes for the earlier bikes though.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Be very aware that the 08-09's put out MUCH more heat on your lower leg. I've ridden one and would not have bought one - but I live in Houston.

Also, the price sounds a little high to me. Do a lot of homework. I was seeing used 08-09's for a lot less than that a while back. And from what I have heard, the bike market is still in the dumps.

Here...

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=4151.0

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=4276.0

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=4276.0

The last one is high mileage, but it gives you and idea of what the market can be on them. Besides, with today's big bikes, mileage does not seem to be much of a problem.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Some differences between the 08/09 and the 10/12:

Lower leg heat issue fixed.
ABS and traction control is standard.
Handlebar control for the digital dash display.
2 linked brake modes.
Economy mode added (and it actually works well).

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for all the info...The guy that is selling sent me the following picture. He is including a Givi top case and mount, a set of bar risers (not yet installed) and the VStream windshield. Judging from the links to other C14s for sale, this one might be about $1,000 over priced at $9,800 asking.

I wear mid-calf leather boots and the extra heat <might> be welcomed in the colder months but during summer??????

Another bummer is that I can't actually ride the bike. My right arm is in a cast and I still get dizzy from the concussion, so that is why all the questions. Once I'm ready to ride (Spring) the prices will all start going up again, that is why I'm looking now. Here is the pic he sent me. Bike is only about 25 miles away so it is probably worth a look.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
The heat from the engine isn't really a problem, I rode mine in 100+ temps. If you think it is you can buy an insert for around $45.00 from E-bay, (the guy who makes them posts on the concours board). I would say about $9,000 would be a good price, ABS is more, the GIVI trunk is more and so are the bar risers. You might not like the seat, that is one thing most of us change right away. The 08 & 09's do not have linked brakes, which most owners like for trail braking when riding hard in the twisties
The stock tires are junk, I got 3500 miles from my front and 5500 from the rear. I paid $11,200 out the door in November of 2010, including Calif taxes and tags.
If you want something fast and fun, thats it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts