GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Motivated seller, not able to ride due to health. One "mature" owner, garage kept. Utopia backrest, Honda vented windshield (from '05), Tulsa Mirror Air Deflectors, Fog Lamps, Hondaline CB with passenger volume/PTT control. Rear speakers, Bridgestones front and rear (with about 4K miles). Bike also has Ram ball on left reservoir, installed power cable for Garmin GPS at the Ram mount and a Butler cup mount on left handlebar with large cup included. Located in Houston, TX (NASA/Clearlake area)
IMG_1244.jpg

·
Registered
82 Posts
Looks really nice for the price. GLWS

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
I got more comments (y) on my '01 Illusion Red color than any other bike that I've owned in my 50+ yrs of riding.
Sorry about your health issues and GLWS

Reactions: THEWING

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
I agree with everything 👆 he said. Bargain of the day

Reactions: nelsress

·
Registered
8 Posts
Help me out guys! Why am I not getting ANY interest in my Wing?
Looks like a really nice bike. Perhaps posting some additional photos, particularly close-ups would spark more interest. I’ve seen some with similar miles on them from one end of the appearance spectrum to the other. Let it shine. Good luck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice bike and its not just you, I search adds across the country and see many gl1800 just sitting there. Nice bikes too! I think the covid has a lot of people not ridding right now (so sad)... Craigslist can be a good option. Just do the deal in person. Blessings to you as you sell this fine machine!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Watching the trends of bike sales for the last 5+ years, the used sport bikes go up in early summer then drop off quickly.

The goldwing prices went up in early spring. Then later into the summer the prices go down.

I hate to say it but I believe that if you bite the bullet and hold the bike for the winter, you could get the full 4500-5100 that it's worth to somebody. OR the market could fall even harder but I dont think so.

In March, when corona was becoming a headline in the U.S., 4 months after it was headline news in other countries, I think that alot of us riders thought "ehhh, no big deal" and continued to buy the bikes for the higher price, on average, because of the aspect that you know this person, you can trust their word because they're a Forum member, etc.

Now that has changed only due to the uncertainty of money flow for many people.

If this had been listed in february for 5,000 I'm positive it would have sold almost immediately.

I buy and resell 4-6 bikes per year, 6 is my limit without having a dealers license, and I watched this happen. I've never taken a loss on a bike or even sat on one for more than 30 days upon attempt to resell.

I'm now on month #4 of listing a bike on CL and I've gotten about two responses.

By the way, I've got a hell of a trade deal for you :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: revrunt

·
Registered
380 Posts
Chuckstools, for that price, buy a plane ticket and ride home, still save a bunch....

Reactions: CAWing

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
For anybody looking for a GL1800 and doesn't want to break the bank ($$$$) this bike is definitely a must buy for you. Lots of miles left on this bike and as a bonus it's the best color that Honda had in '01/'02. (y)

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I agree with Paul . A beautiful bike at a great price. Hang in there Jim ,it will sell because fall riding season is coming quickly. Oh yea , I live in the woodlands area and can deliver it after I have ridden it for a few hundred miles to make sure it's worth the money .
happy ride 1.jpg
Just let me know . Bahahahahahah !!!!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had the same trouble selling my 07 ABS at a decent price. I kept it as a second around town bike and put the touring miles on my 2012. One thing I was considering was parting it out. I have seen wanted ads for most every part of the bike at one time or another.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Weekly bump plus a couple of updates to the description. Bike also has Ram ball on left reservoir, installed power cable for Garmin GPS at the Ram mount and a Butler cup mount on left handlebar with large cup included.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts