GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 GL1800 with Champion trike and rake kit. I bought this trike new from Honda of Sumter (SC) on Aug 26, 2006. I have approx 9300 miles on it. The trike has chrome door trim aroung the front fender and wheel wells, CB radio and antenna, chrome trim around grills, Kury back rest, chrome lighting trim on rear, trunk light, spoiler, Kury ISO grips, Kury highway pegs, 2 storage bags, champion carpet and trailer hitch, trike is wired with 6 pin round plug, Jon's dash mount, 3 switch accessory mounted on on clutch reservoir, pinstriped,chrome valve covers, Baker dark smoke air wings. chrome cup holder and SS cup, Kury passenger arm rests, chrome trim aroung mirror housing, Muth mirrors. I am not riding this trike much (only 200 miles so far this year). The oil and filter have been changed at less than every 3K miles.
New Michelin MPA front tire at 7700 miles.
I am thinking about asking $24K firm for this setup.
What do you guys think I should get for this trike?
Thanks,
Alex

PS: The color is Titanium.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
That is a very fair price. Maybe a bit too cheap. Why not raise it up some and you can always reduce the price is need be.

Also, check out what trikes are selling for on ebay this may give you more information.

Sorry you are not riding it more. I also have a 06 Champion trike and it has 36,500 miles on it. I am retired so I have more time to ride.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine's on 05 Roadsmith conversion, done in Jan 2011, with about 37,000 miles on it. I would have to be hard pressed(mama needs a life saving organ transplant) to part with it for that price.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
I say that's a low price. Would take more than that to buy my 06 Hannigan!
Be careful comparing prices on Flea-Bay! Watch how many close w/0 bids or Reserve not met because they are price to high to start with there.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I say that's a low price. Would take more than that to buy my 06 Hannigan!
Be careful comparing prices on Flea-Bay! Watch how many close w/0 bids or Reserve not met because they are price to high to start with there.

What Dawg says is probably true, but I think he may be referring to the scores of dealers trying to sell trikes on line.

I bought mine from a individual who not only gave me a decent price, but actually delivered it to my home and put it in my garage. (No extra charge) That is what I was referring to: A private sale opposed to a dealer wanting MSRP.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Alex, I sold the 06 I had for $27000, all most 3 years ago. It had 56000 miles. Am going to sell my 2009 Champion, with 65000 miles. Then get a 2012 to trike. Sorry you going to quit riding. If you only rode 200 miles this year, is the reason I have not seen you. If you see anyone looking a 2009, I have one for sale. JoeA

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
What Dawg says is probably true, but I think he may be referring to the scores of dealers trying to sell trikes on line.

I bought mine from a individual who not only gave me a decent price, but actually delivered it to my home and put it in my garage. (No extra charge) That is what I was referring to: A private sale opposed to a dealer wanting MSRP.
Nope-wasn't talking about the dealers on there. Most of them are completely out of sight which is why a lot of the private sellers on there think they can get so much!
There are good deals but rare on E-bay.
Tony(one of the board sponsors) would be a good comparison place if he has any similar on his web sight.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
. . . Tony(one of the board sponsors) would be a good comparison place if he has any similar on his web sight.
I would agree. Put a call into Tony as I am sure he would be more then happy to offer up some suggestions to help out.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Just so you know I bought an 04 85000mi with a aluminum trailer from a board member 8mo. ago for $16400. It came out of Fl. needed cleaning up but we are extremely happy with the trike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pricing my trike

That's a real good price. Iy will depend on how fast you want to unload it cause at that price it will go fast. If I were you I'd ask at least $26,500 and only come down to $26,000 right now but in October maybe take $25,000 so you don't have to store it and wait another year cause when next year comes people will say it's another year older. I had my bike triked just 3mo. ago and paid $17,000 just to have it done. This is just my opinion but I maybe wrong.

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for the advice. I haven't made a decision yet on selling it.

Keep your knees in the breeze (except Wheels of course).:wrong:
Jim knows I value his friendship plus he can dish it out too.

Sincerely,
Alex

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Alex, I hope you only wish to sell your trike becaue you want to, and not because you have to.

I ran into "Wheels" yesterday, in Murfreesboro, TN. He was doing what he loves to do, RIDE. And "Yes" Alex, he can dish it out, but oh, can he take it?

Best of luck if you decide to sell your baby; best of luck if you decide to keep her.

Ride safe,

Wayne

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Wayne. Fortunately, I am not being forced to sell nor is there anything wrong with the trike. I just don't have the desire to get out there and ride.

Have a great day!

Alex

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Wasaw, did you...

check to see if Wheels had a red neck pass port? Who allowed him in our turf? ha ha Hope to meet you someday Wheels.:joke:

·
Registered
26 Posts
To give you an idea, I just bought an 08 with motor trike kit with most of the same options but with nav and heated seats for $24,000. It depends on the sellers needs.:p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts