GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I bought the '07 with Navi I cannot really justify having 2 GPS units, even though I think the 2720 is superior for trip routing. Guess I will box it up and put it on eBay.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
How much??? I have friends that may be interested, never know..

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Congratulations on the new Wing!

I love the NAV but if I were you I'd box that Garmin and let it sit for a while. If you are use to all that functionality you might want to keep it. But if you find the NAV works for you then sell it. Just something to consider, based on all I've read on here since the NAV came out. :wink:

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
William Anzik said:
Congratulations on the new Wing!

I love the NAV but if I were you I'd box that Garmin and let it sit for a while. If you are use to all that functionality you might want to keep it. But if you find the NAV works for you then sell it. Just something to consider, based on all I've read on here since the NAV came out. :wink:
That's what I'm doing, plus, I can use the 2720 in other vehicles....that's one thing I always though was against a in vehicle GPS, portability.....

·
Registered
517 Posts
You might want to Keep it.

A buddy of mine had the new Nav system and found it lacked so many features (trip planing, being able to use it when moving etc) that he mounted it on his bike as well.. :wink:

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
yep I bought the texelent bar and mounted the garmin 2610 on it far better than the built in Navi which really sucks for the money as far as I'm concerned I got screwed by Honda on this Navi unit, very unhappy with it keep the Garmin you'll want it later

·
Registered
788 Posts
BigBird05 said:
Since I bought the '07 with Navi I cannot really justify having 2 GPS units, even though I think the 2720 is superior for trip routing. Guess I will box it up and put it on eBay.
You really ought to keep it for PC trip route planning, accumulation of waypoints onto your PC, track retention (as demonstrated by the animated map in my signature), speed display, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts