GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a CeeBaileys stock height windshield for 2006 GL1800. Did so to help buffeting of passenger and that was helpful. Noted also as rider without passenger that I have sensation of being pushed forward by wind when at high speeds. Went for first ride at night with new windshield. Was on interstate. From the windshield I noted an unfortunate artifact of ghosts lights under true lights which was especially distracting in that it appeared that the number of oncoming cars was doubled. Ghosts appear to be about 1/2 inch under real lights. This was unrelated to goggles, helmet viser, etc. Any others experience this? Have written to CeeBaileys but they haven't had enough opportunity to respond yet. One other comment about windshield is that in the lowest position it seems to be about 1/2 to one inch higher than stock windshield. This is just enough higher to require me to have perfect posture to see over it. I would rather be a slouch so I have it all the way up and just through it.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I've had a Cee Bailey's windshield for a couple of years, and never had ghost images as you described.
The only problem I've ever had was a bit of reflection of light at night, off my XM radio, which is mounted on the top shelter...barely noticeable, above my line of sight.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
No ghosts on my Cee Bailey and I feel cheated...I want Ghosts!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Joe
I had the same problem with the tall OEM shield. I think it is due to our sitting position, I have a very tall body. (6'4" with 31" inseam) What I was seeing were the radio lights, what I did was to take a piece of radio grill cloth cut to the exact shape of the radio with a 1 inch wide border sewn in and then I used a few pieces of Velcro to attach the cloth to completely cover the radio. In daylight I just remove the cloth and toss it in the trunk. You have to look real hard to see the pieces of Velcro attached around the radio, I used 6 small pieces about 1/4 X 1. That got rid of my ghosts. With the cloth in place you can still use the controls.
As for seeing two sets of headlights I would guess that is related to either your eyes or what you are cleaning the shield with. What cleaner do you use and how ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, all that I have put on the windshield is the Cee Baileys Aircraft windshield cleaner and polish that came in the box with the windshield. This won't be an aweful problem. Just a disappointment. I have a Suzuki C90 with reflections off the dash. Was able to get used to them pretty quickly.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have noticed the same thing

Cal-D said:
Joe
I had the same problem with the tall OEM shield. I think it is due to our sitting position, I have a very tall body. (6'4" with 31" inseam) What I was seeing were the radio lights, what I did was to take a piece of radio grill cloth cut to the exact shape of the radio with a 1 inch wide border sewn in and then I used a few pieces of Velcro to attach the cloth to completely cover the radio. In daylight I just remove the cloth and toss it in the trunk. You have to look real hard to see the pieces of Velcro attached around the radio, I used 6 small pieces about 1/4 X 1. That got rid of my ghosts. With the cloth in place you can still use the controls.
As for seeing two sets of headlights I would guess that is related to either your eyes or what you are cleaning the shield with. What cleaner do you use and how ?
I wish Honda radio lights would dim with the rest of the dash. Hear me Hear me HONDA

·
Registered
661 Posts
I don't ride at night. Afraid of ghosts.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
I thought they left about Nov 1st......and were replaced with reindeer.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts