GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with the Kennedy set up
Zumo hook up with the intercom set up so that the zumo with the aux output and the intercom. I have the switch as well . this is what happens

When I have the switch in the intercom on position (-) and the GW intercom on everything works fine when I make a phone call Can be heard no problem
If I switch the Cellset to intercom off and leave the GW intercom on I can still be heard ( a little be more fuzzy)

if I turn the GW intercom off no cell phone transmission no matter what the cellset switch setting is I notice the switch pigtail has 2 wires black and white and the plug it goes into has 3 black red and white - anything there?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I can't quite tell if you really have a problem. Sounds like the cellset is working just like it is suppose to. Have you called Kennedy?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't quite tell if you really have a problem. Sounds like the cellset is working just like it is suppose to. Have you called Kennedy?
not yet I sent Jon an email since he helped me set this up and when I tested it after work today it was too late to call.

The cellset is working its just that the unit only transmits on intercom not when its off - seems to indicate switch problem but don'y know if its something internal that needs to be adjusted

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
The switch on the 'multi-output' CellSet module determines where the audio output from the GPS will be sent (either to the AUX input in stereo, or to the intercom system in mono).

The bike audio is always available to the Zumo's microphone input, regardless of the position of the audio output switch.

Did you follow the instructions in the user's guide to set the microphone levels for each mode?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The switch on the 'multi-output' CellSet module determines where the audio output from the GPS will be sent (either to the AUX input in stereo, or to the intercom system in mono).

The bike audio is always available to the Zumo's microphone input, regardless of the position of the audio output switch.

Did you follow the instructions in the user's guide to set the microphone levels for each mode?
Ok that explains the switch issue- Duh
The mike levels was my next question I'll take it apart sometime this week ( hopefully tonight) to check the levels - I didn't think that the microphone levels could be set so low that there would be NO sound at all in the aux mode. it literaly is dead quite no sound heard at all

Thanks like I said I'll look at it soon and post what happens

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok opened the black box just a few minutes ago both mic jumpers are set to HI so thats not the problem I cant figure this out since mike output is always supposed to be available.Any other suggestions?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts