GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Sept I had the misfortune of having an Elite 3 rear tire blowout while riding 2 up. I Called roadside assistance they where very helpfull in rendering assistance and provided towing needs. The next day I had a tire problem but this time on my car and in a diferent city."GUESS WHAT"
roadside assistance refused to provide service because of a previous service call the day before. Is there any advantages to a family plan
When and if two vehicles on your "family have issues within that STUPID 72 hour cooling off period. I feel cheated on this deal.

·
Registered
812 Posts
It's all up to carrier rules.

A couple weeks ago my son's car broke down at the dentist's office. He's a new driver so I suspected he had left something on. It was "kinda" on my way home, and I knew there were cables in the car (I put them there). Tried jumping it from the wing. First try "click". Second try nothing. Longer wait ... third try nothing.

Hmmmm. Doesn't feel like the battery. Go home. Get tools. Get truck. Turns out it was the starter. Call roadside (now I'm back on track).

Lady one the phone is horribly nice. Incredible. Asks where we are. Asks where I want it towed, and I say home. She warns me that they won't be able to tow it away from home if i can't fix it.
I understand and thank her. (I already have the starter off).

She agrees and puts me on hold so she can contact the towing company. Couple minutes go by. She's back. Gives me the name and number of the towing company. Asks if there is a place I can leave keys. I tell her where I hide them.

Now she says... all right you're done. You're eligible for a tow on any other of your vehicles right now, as well as this one, from any location other than you're house.

Car shows up a couple hours later at the house on a flat bed (it's AWD). Delivery guy is even nice.

The thing that amazes me. GEICO. They so far have been awesome. YMMV.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
There are lots of Roadside plans,which one are you referring to? Honda,AAA.Gwrra etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are lots of Roadside plans,which one are you referring to? Honda,AAA.Gwrra etc.

Ooops forgot to mention that. GWRRA roadside assistance. in this case the incident was a different vehicles and a different town.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts