GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My friend has a problem were I've never heard off before...:eek:4:
When he turns his key to ACC and turns on the radio, everything works fine.;)
When he turns to contact and put the bike in gear, the sound of the speakers goes to the headset... Speakers are cut off...:shrug:
Very weird... :joke:
Anybody any ideas on how to get it all back to normal?:cry:
We've already tried a hard reset by removing the fuses, it doesn't help anything...:confused:

Thanks for any good ideas!

Mark:doorag:

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Yeah, that's a weird one.

Have him check to make sure the battery cables are tight. And check the battery voltage when the ignition is turned on. If the battery is weak, the voltage can drop when the ignition is in the on position because of the headlights.

·
Registered
748 Posts
"When he turns to contact and put the bike in gear"

i was not Exactly sure what it means "turns to contact". Please clarify.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I presumed by contact he meant "on", as in a airplane reference.

Of course I could be completely wrong.

If there's a bad connection somewhere it could be enough to maintain accessory, but fail on "on". Start with the battery cables. Also check the mains at the fuse box. Wiggle all the major connections and ssee if anything changes.

Jason

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
"When he turns to contact and put the bike in gear"

i was not Exactly sure what it means "turns to contact". Please clarify.
Wingtuner is from Belgium. Sometimes terminologies are a little different. Contact would mean the on or start position.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all,
back with some info on the problem.:lol:

To get more into detail :

It was a rebuild 1800 into CSC trike, witch means that, if the builder didn't do his work properly regarding the electrical wiring, problems could be expected... :oops:
And that's what happened with this trike...
:wrong:
Installing a backwards drive signal, they made a few errors with the cabeling that in fact made a faulty connection that caused different problems with the audio... :eek:4:Like when using the reverse by pushing the start button, lights and sound are turned off... That was the issue here, togheter with an aftermarket relay that was faulty too.:eek:

Sorry to have bottered you guys with this, in this case there is no technical error with the proper Wing cabling and connections, once again a "human" error. :?

Thanks to all who replied in finding a solution.
Enjoy the rides!

Mark, Wingtuner - Belgium:doorag:
PS. sorry for the Belgian English... Tx Larry!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts