GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed your Tailblazer 25LED-D on my 2010 Goldwing GL1800. The Brake Light on the spoiler does not modulate as advertised.

I start the bike and the spoiler light will modulate immediately, then it goes into the "bright on" mode and stays on. When I apply the brake, the light remains on and does not modulate or change brightness.

I've tried running the engine at 2500rpm to get more voltage, but no difference when I apply the brake..

I was able to get it to modulate while the ignition was on without the motor running, but this only works intermittently.

I'd like to get this resolved as I no longer have a brake light on my spoiler, just a bright running light. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Sounds like you attached the unit to the running light circuit and not the brake light circuit. It's getting power for the modulating feature as soon as you turn on the key, which is the running light circuit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Installation details

Installation was easy... the spoiler was installed by the dealer when I purchased the bike. The brake light function on the spoiler was working fine prior to my install.

The installation was fairly simple, a plug-n-play module, that fit between the existing connectors.. and added power supply line was spliced in per instructions to the remote control unit.

When the bike starts, the lights modulate as they should, I assume this is a start-up function. Then they turn on high intensity (like brake lights) and never dim or modulate.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
There shouldn't be any start-up feature. Is there any chance you can scan and post the installation instructions?

·
Registered
6,046 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reply from Kisan on the cause..

If the 25LED-D tailBlazer begins flash pattern as soon as you turn the key on, it's getting the trigger from the brake circuit. This is most likely due to a "sticky" brake switch of the foot pedal.

1) Spray some lubricant by peeling back the rubber boot
2) Work the pedal by hand a few times

Normally, the LEDs of the spoiler should come on at about half intensity with the ignition key on.

I'll let you know if this works to resolve the issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally resolved the issue

Had a friend take a look at the install. He found one of the connections was loose. It is now working as advertised.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts