GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My on board Garmin Navi system is showing the wrong time on the clock and the wrong date. Time is 1 hour earlier and the date is Jan. 18, 2000. Called Garmin about it 2 weeks ago and they said they knew about the problem and would add me to the case. Called back yesterday to check on the cure and they said again they would add my name to the list. Tech said I was only the second one complaining about the problem and it would take more than just two people with the problem to give it much looking in to. After I voiced my displeasure with that attitude he said that was the way it was and there was nothing he could do about it. He advised me to get more people to complain about it and they would look into it. I am not talking about problems people are having after receiving the new updated SD card from Garmin. My 2015 has not been updated since Dec.2017 and has been working great up until now. If there is anybody out there also having this problem call the Honda Team @ Garmin 1-866-606-7555. I don't really use the on board that much but I do like things to work the way they are supposed to and I do like the clock to work.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Same problem, same solution Bob - need that 'fixit' file from Garmin to get the date/time corrected.

My suspicion is that any of the updates from Garmin - not just the current one - could have the date/time issue.

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
SEND ME $29.99 AND I'LL SEND YA SPECIAL "SALE " PRICE ON A DIGITAL CLOCK THAT YOU CAN USE ON YOUR "WRIST " . IF PUT ON RIGHT WRIST CAN SEE EVEN WHILE RIDING EVERY TIME YOU GIVE IT GAS !!! OH AND WHATS REALLY "SPECIAL " IS THAT ITS PORTABLE . CAN USE WHERE EVER YOU GO ! :wink2::laugh:...…………. ELECTRONIC STUFF GREAT ! WHEN IT WORKS ! TONITE I'LL SEND THEM A CALL.:serious:

Reactions: Wild Turkey

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same problem, same solution Bob - need that 'fixit' file from Garmin to get the date/time corrected.

My suspicion is that any of the updates from Garmin - not just the current one - could have the date/time issue.
My started acting up Aug. 22 and it hasn't been updated since 2017. I understand how the could have screwed up the new update but how does it just quit without the new update. Doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SEND ME $29.99 AND I'LL SEND YA SPECIAL "SALE " PRICE ON A DIGITAL CLOCK THAT YOU CAN USE ON YOUR "WRIST " . IF PUT ON RIGHT WRIST CAN SEE EVEN WHILE RIDING EVERY TIME YOU GIVE IT GAS !!! OH AND WHATS REALLY "SPECIAL " IS THAT ITS PORTABLE . CAN USE WHERE EVER YOU GO ! :wink2::laugh:...…………. ELECTRONIC STUFF GREAT ! WHEN IT WORKS ! TONITE I'LL SEND THEM A CALL.:serious:
That's a laugh. You selling clocks and don't even wear a watch. I never thought you cared what time it was anyway. You have to look at your phone to know what time it is and like I said it don't matter anyway.>:)

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Y'know, might not hurt to try that file that Garmin created, if you know someone that has it. In theory, it *should* work the same.

EDIT: Updated my maps back in June using OSM maps; working well.

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
just noticed today that the time on mine is one hour slow. Don't know about the date and stuff as i don't use the gps much at all.
Barney
not sure on this but check settings and see what time zone its set at ???

Reactions: Wild Turkey

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not sure on this but check settings and see what time zone its set at ???
One hour earlier time zone would not make the date over 15 years off.

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
:grin2: 15 years, egads! Simple computer is problematic for me, I do not know what I would do with the Honda NAV.
YA WOULD JUST BE "LOST" LIKE THE REST OF US !:surprise::laugh::wink2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts