GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced difficulty with having the reverse engage on the 2018 goldwing tour manual transmission? I am finding that sometimes it takes several tries before it actually engages and works. Any suggestions or comments welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
807 Posts
None but depending on whether or not your on level ground you may have to 'rock' the bike back & forth a bit to get it to engage & disengage has been my experience a time or 2.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reverse still hit and miss. Dealer thinks it is a cable adjustment issue. Taking it in after bike week.

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
Reverse still hit and miss. Dealer thinks it is a cable adjustment issue. Taking it in after bike week.
Your dealer is right. Simple cable adjustment, manual bikes only have this issue. Its the same design as the older wings. Does not apply to the DCT.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Has anyone experienced difficulty with having the reverse engage on the 2018 goldwing tour manual transmission? I am finding that sometimes it takes several tries before it actually engages and works. Any suggestions or comments welcome. Thanks
Any resolution to this Ncgl18001, got the same going on? Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
Your dealer is right. Simple cable adjustment, manual bikes only have this issue. Its the same design as the older wings. Does not apply to the DCT.

I'm having the same issue. The issue didn't present itself until late in the riding season (November), so I haven't done anything about it. The reverse shift actuator cable adjustment instructions begin on page 6-16 of the Service Manual. I'm waiting for it to warm up (Massachusetts) before I make the adjustment. Depending on what needs to be done, the top shelter may have to come off. I really don't want to bring the bike to the dealer and may attempt to take off the Tupperware myself. With Fred's videos and the manual it's doable. Just the thought of doing it though, is not appealing. :serious:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts