GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Rivco Handlebar Illumination kit, with little problems. The directions were ok, and they look great, especially at night. But yesterday was the first time my wife had ridden with me, and we had the intercom system on. We both heard a high pitch whine, which was constant. The noise would lessen as I turned the lights down, until the noise quit as there was no illumination on the Rivco lights. Any one else had this problem or has a suggestion as to what we could do. The radio drowned it out, some, but still I don't think it should be there.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have the Rivco lights on my '03 and have no problems with audio noise.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
The Rivco lights on my 03 and have no noise...they were the first thing I added to my then new bike back in 03....they still work and look perfect.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Bad ground.........

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
They use a switching power supply to produce AC voltage at somewhere around 2 or 3 khz I believe. Make sure your ground is clean and tight on that ring terminal they have under the screw at the top of the wire retainer at the top of the handlebar. If that doesn't fix it you might need to install a bypass capacitor in the power lead. I would call Rivco and ask for assistance if it goes that far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts