GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Hmmm....

Only 1st and 2nd gear indication???? Sort of like buying a Dictionary and words beginning with N through Z are not listed.

Charging fault indicator would be useful, but less expensive ones are out there if this were the only reason for buying (and available now for GL1800).

I could do without the fake alarm flash. I have a real Clifford full tilt sense, open bag,trunk,faring pocket, battery access triggers, trunk and helmet release, and lock/unlock. Yes, the extra user option on the key fob was set up for helmet lock release, both hooks.

If it had all 5 gears, I would be interested. Well, actually 1-4 would be acceptable since Honda gave us one for 5th and neutral. I did not get a volt meter because my radar detector gives me voltage readings. But having a second opinion would not be bad......especially if driving though Virginia or BC Canada.....

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I assume this is similar to how other gear indicators are installed and if you have an ABS model, installation will not be simply plug and play. Prepare to take the whole bike apart :)

·
Registered
20,009 Posts
I guess this gadget might work well for someone who never goes beyond first or second gear! Third and fourth are actually the gears of most interest.

The glaring problem I see with the layout of this product is the use of JST connectors for the external interface. Those connectors are designed to be used internally in products, typically as board to board cabling. Then I see that he claims the unit is completely sealed and impervious to water. I guess that means except for the connectors.

I don't see any worthwhile feature on this product. A charge fault indicator is just a fancy term for an idiot light. Your bike already has one. You can put a real voltmeter on your bike for one fourth the price.

Don't be fooled by the technical description that says "it computes data from sensors". It does no such thing. This whole gadget can be built from a couple of 50 cent op amps and some resistors.

I admire the entrepreneurial spirit. But this just doesn't have any redeeming value. it is nothing but hype.

And a 3-4 week lead time is ridiculous. This isn't exactly the space shuttle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts