GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Install was a little too easy, I did it 3 times to make sure I got it right. Yep, less than 5 minutes the first time and faster from then on. (Mebbe I should open an installation service for these puppies, now that I'se an exspurt!)

Definately REDUCED buffetting on the driver. Noticeable right from the git-go, and when the temps are in 20's/30's you notice these things. For 20 bucks, definately worth every penny. A great value. I've heard that the right one has a propensity (wow, did I type that?) to move out of position. I'll keep my eye on it and if it becomes a problem, I'll remedy that.

Anyhow, just wanted to pass along the good news.

if you want a set for yourself check out
http://www.vpaccessories.com/

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I've heard that putting in the fillers affects the temp sensor, Chef ... have you noticed that?

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Chef, I have had mine in for over 2 years now, would'nt be with out them.Have had one side shift a little, but never close to falling out. So quit worring about them.I take them out once in a while when I wash the bike , but not every time. Well worth the 20 bucks
:yw1:
PS I have seen no effect at all on temp sensors.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:59 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've heard that putting in the fillers affects the temp sensor, Chef ... have you noticed that?

Not True. The temp sensor is located in the right upper air duct (the one above the right pocket). Having the right upper air duct vent closed will make it slower to react to temp changes though. :yw1:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
thanks guys .... guess I'll add that to my "this ain't chrome" list .... :lol:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Tunnel Fillers

:D On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give the fillers a 10 one of the best add ons to the 1800, no more air, dust,dirt or water coming up thru there. I love mine, installing them was another story always worried about them staying put but so far so good after a year. :D :sw1: :sw1: :sw1:

·
Registered
173 Posts
VP's Tunnel fillers

I was lucky to find out about these things a few weeks after I got my bike! They work great, and Val is a pleasure to order from at VP ACC. I've had fantastic service from him always and a couple of times when I broke something from his company(my fault, not his) he went above and beyond the call to make me happy.

·
Registered
979 Posts
VP Accessories

:D VP accessories gets a big thumbs up in my book as well Jama HDL, Sierra Electronics, Electrical Connection and VP never a problem dealing with these folks, :lol: :sw1: :sw1: :sw1: more then I can say for some others.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
V&P Tunnel Fillers

I have the V&P fillers and like them. They do block the air up through the forks, and keep small pebbles off of the radio controls.
I give them a thumbs up. :lol:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Leroy, the tunnel fillers do not go in the air duct. They do not effect the temp reading. I've had mine in since it was new, 39,000 miles. I leave mine in year round as they keep the dirt and rain from coming up through the forks.

G

·
fillers stop reflections!

I bought my fillers for only one reason - to stop an annoying reflection of the rotor cover lights up through the tunnel onto the inside of my windshield. It took me awhile to figure it out but at night it was like driving with crossed-eyes :shock: But I don't really like the fit or the restriction in turning the bars.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Re: fillers stop reflections!

batbiker1800 said:
But I don't really like the fit or the restriction in turning the bars.
Never had a problem with the fit of mine, and they don't do anything at all to restrict the turning of the bars... :?: :?:

They are fantastic for keeping rain, sand, rocks, and crud from coming up and getting all over the radio controls, and ME!!

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I installed the tunnel fillers and forgot them.

They are doing the job, cut down the air up through the holes about 75% I would guess

·
Registered
116 Posts
Tunnel Fillers

Damn, now I'll have to buy a pair just to see if you guys are right. It's cold in NE Ohio and all I have to do today is look through bike stuff and I just happen to have V&P on my favorites list. Now where is that Visa card? Piper

·
Registered
117 Posts
Tunnel Filters

I bought the V&P ones to stop the cold air in the winter, sand, rocks and water year round that ended up on the pushbuttons. They work and I would buy them again

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have had the tunnel fillers in now for over a year and have found they do tend to cause more dirt to form on the dash side of the windshield and they do tend to cause more of a vacume (for lack of a better word) in the rider area since no air is coming up thru the tunnels.

I think the positives outweigh the negatives however.

just my 2 cents

1 - 20 of 25 Posts