GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 goldwing. When I turn on the key the dealer set up words that are displayed. Does anyone know how to change the wording?

Mark

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
From another site:

CUSTOM PROGRAMMING THE GL1800'S OPENING CEREMONY
(Note: For the following steps, "Press" means 'press and release'.)

1. Turn ignition key to ON or ACC, and wait for the normal screen display after the opening ceremony.

2. Press (press and release) the MODE button three times.

3. Simultaneously 'press and hold' the TRIP and DISP buttons for atleast two full seconds, and then release.

4. Press the MODE button.

5. Press the DISP button.You should now see the word "SPECIAL!". If not, turn OFF the ignition key, and start all over.

6. Press the TRIP button.

7. At the prompt "Change OK?", press the MODE button.

8. You should now see a 12-character line, with the cursor at the left end. Use the TRIP button to cycle through the available characters until you find the one you want (letters, numbers, blank, and some others).

Note: You cannot back up when cycling through the characters! If you pass the one you want, you'll have to cycle around to the desired character again.

9. When the desired character appears, press the DISP button to move the cursor to the next space to the right. The
cursor moves only to the right, and then wraps from the right end back to the left end.

10. When the desired 12 characters have been selected, press the MODE button to store the selected characters into memory.

Now turn the ignition key to OFF while watching the display screen. You should see the words "SEE YOU!", with your 12-character line just underneath. When you turn the ignition key to ON or ACC, you should see "HELLO" and your 12 character line, and then a message saying "Welcome to the Gold Wing World".

·
Registered
19,068 Posts
I thought only the 05 had this?

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
laen

Every time you try to think, you end up in trouble! :cry:

Every GL-1800 that has been built since year 2000 has had that option, I bought mine Nov 28, 2000 and reprogrammed mine the same day !! :lol:

JMHO 8)

·
Registered
19,068 Posts
Tom thanks for your kind words.

JMHO :shock:

·
Registered
74 Posts
You may have purchased the GL 1800 in 2000 but the 1800 model didn't come out until 2001. :oops: KILLER

·
Chard Member
12,974 Posts
gkeeler said:
You may have purchased the GL 1800 in 2000 but the 1800 model didn't come out until 2001. :oops: KILLER
It came out and was for sale in late 2000! Yes, it was a 2001 model. LOL...

To the original poster. The instructions are in your owners manual.... :wink:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
WingAirSpeed said:
Follow the directions in the owners manual :22yikes:
If you dont have one ask the dealer to get you one.
Cheap money.......

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
display

My question is: if I change the display on my 05 from the anniversity display, how would I ever get it back? Is there a default/restore to the factory setting?
bill

·
Chard Member
12,974 Posts
Re: display

mrbill21 said:
My question is: if I change the display on my 05 from the anniversity display, how would I ever get it back? Is there a default/restore to the factory setting?
bill
If I remember correctly the anniv logo is the default. The manual should tell you. I had a greeting on my '05 when I had it, so I didn't play with it much.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Holding my mouth wrong

I must be holding my mouth wrong or something. I tried the above directions on my o6. There is NO 'DISP" buttom, and the instructions in the owners manual will not work either. Yes, my opening Ceremony is 'ON'. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Re: Holding my mouth wrong

foggdawg said:
I must be holding my mouth wrong or something. I tried the above directions on my o6. There is NO 'DISP" buttom, and the instructions in the owners manual will not work either. Yes, my opening Ceremony is 'ON'. Any suggestions?
The DISP button is on 2006+ Wings with the NAV package. It's "Setup" on the non-NAV models.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Re: display

You should be able to. When you go through the above posters items to do the special where it asks for the custom one just tell it you want the default one or whatever it is called. I programed my 04 without even using the manual the first time and when I removed the battery if I remember correctly it defaults back to the factory one. I had a heck of the time getting my special one back, because I followed the book this time, or at least I thought I was. It can be tricky if you don't follow it very closely.
====================
mrbill21 said:
bill

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
I just wrote "NANDO" with a permanent marker right on the screen...that way it does not go off when the radio is on

G

·
0 Posts
Nando said:
I just wrote "NANDO" with a permanent marker right on the screen...that way it does not go off when the radio is on
:lol: :clap2: :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts