GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what I need to do to program a new wireless remote key FOB? I have one that works, and bought a second one. My Goldwing is a 2002.
Thanks,
Neal Leviton

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
From here:http://www.goldwingfacts.com/FAQpage.htm

Q. I just got a used trunk remote from a crashed GL1800. How do I program it to work on my GL1800?

A. Here you go;
1. Turn the ignition switch on - between one and four seconds and press the trunk "Pop-Up" button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off. Note: keep the timing between one and four seconds, too fast or too slow will cause the control unit to lose the stored codes.
2. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.
3. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the original transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.
4. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the original transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Leave the ignition switch on.
5. Within 15 seconds, aim the transmitter (up to three) whose codes you want to store at the trunk and press the " Pop-Up " button once on each transmitter.
6. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.
7. Confirm proper operation with the new code(s).

NOTE:
"press the trunk Pop-Up button" means to press this button and hold
it until the little light on the transmitter comes on.

You can use the same procedure with the Honda CRV remote as well (1997-99 models, not sure about later ones). Make sure the remote has FCC ID E4EG8DJ on the back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much. I must have checked 10 websites looking for that, and couldnt find it anywhere. The only thing missing after the last item is to do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around!

BTW, it worked fine.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Just a question because I forgot :roll: when I brought my wing it only came with 1 remote is this right or do you get 2 remotes ? :thumbup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just a question because I forgot :roll: when I brought my wing it only came with 1 remote is this right or do you get 2 remotes ? :thumbup:
I only received a single remote with mine. You'd think for the price of these bikes Honda would provide a second one in the purchase price!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Now that you have programmed the key fob would you be offended if I suggested that you also familiarize yourself with the method needed to get inside your trunk so you can retrieve your keys and fob after you have accidently locked them inside....there's a good chance that will happen at some future date.

Allen Serviss

1 - 7 of 7 Posts