GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Progressive describes them as a ‘Street Fork Spring’ and Wingstuff labels them ‘Heavy Duty Springs’. New today these are listed at $114.99 with no shipping charges. My used pair I’m offering for sale today were installed four years ago and I enjoyed 25k miles on them before installing the new Progressive Monotube! (instruction/install sheets included) The immediate realization of a smoother ride and NO more bottoming out four years ago was satisfying! The more pronounced ‘lean to the left’ when put on the side stand attested to the taller and stiffer Progressive springs. I had more cornering clearance, less handlebar vibration and positive predictable steering feedback. The springs are still at their specified ‘free’ length according to the Progressive web site. (13.37” Located in Tumwater, WA. PRICE REDUCED,$75.00 shipped. Please send me a private message if you are interested. Check or PayPal OK. Thanks, Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are going to replace the OEM seals and wear bushings on a fork overhaul, dropping in these superior Progressive springs to replace the softer, sagging springs will result in a better ride!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Price Reduced!

Price reduced to $70.00 shipped (lower 48 states)
this gives me back less than 50% of the cost of the part and pays for a medium uspo flat rate box! Adding progressive springs did make the front forks bottom out less than I was experiencing with the softer OEM's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.