GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to rebuild the forks on my 05, any comments on the difference between the progressive spring kit compared to the monotube cartridge.
how about the traxion fork kit.
thanks, DAN

·
Registered
502 Posts
Dan there is no comparison the Traxxion system is the very best. I had it installed on my 05 Wing and it was one of the best things I've done to the bike,the ride and handling is 300% better and that's what my wife says and she would know. If Mamma's not happy the driver won't be I promise you that.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Dan there is no comparison the Traxxion system is the very best. I had it installed on my 05 Wing and it was one of the best things I've done to the bike,the ride and handling is 300% better and that's what my wife says and she would know. If Mamma's not happy the driver won't be I promise you that.
Dan - are you sure it is the best? have you ridden a bike with the mono-tubes? or race-tech? I have the mono-tubes with new bushings etc., and believe it is 305% better :)....ha - so mine is the best .....
I also installed a new rear shock with the progressive spring, and yes, my wife noticed a big improvement

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
i'm looking to rebuild the forks on my 05, any comments on the difference between the progressive spring kit compared to the monotube cartridge.
how about the traxion fork kit.
thanks, DAN
Best value by far is 250 buck s for pmt and 70 for seals and guides . Just springs would be about 10% of what pmt will do. Do a 12 or higher rear shock and spring and its a hole difference bike.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have an 08 that I rode stock for about 10k miles, had the Progressive springs and All Balls installed - I noticed a difference, but I wouldn't say it was great. I rode the bike with the Progressive springs for about 20K miles and then did a front end rebuild to include: Rocky triple tree, Progressive monotubes, All Balls, and seals. I also installed a rear shock and spring from a 2012 trike take off - BIG difference on the tracking and handling from just the spring job. I spent about $500 total and did the work myself, well worth the work. I have no idea what the labor would cost, but I got alot of guidance from this site and from Fred's DVD's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts