GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put one of these on there Wing yet? If so how do you like it? I am happy with the Progressve springs in the front end but now it's time for the rear. I'm not going to spend the $$$ on Traxions set up.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Ed Kruse said:
Has anyone put one of these on there Wing yet? If so how do you like it? I am happy with the Progressve springs in the front end but now it's time for the rear. I'm not going to spend the $$$ on Traxions set up.
The Traxxion rear shock is 499. The Progressive rear shock is in the 600 dollar range and with the dicount dealers like Chrome World it's still around 500 dollars, so how is the Traxxion rear shock out of line price wise? I don't know how the new Progressive shock feels but I can tell you thqt the Traxxion rear shock is much better than the stock Honda shock,especially riding two up.

i

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have looked more closely at the price for the Traxion shock. :oops: With the cost of having the complete system installed (as read on this board) I expected it to be much more.

Chrome World shows the 460 for $471. I put the 450 on my 1500 years ago and was very happy with it. From that experience I expect the new 460 to be even better.

I will be looking into the Traxion shock some more before making any decisions.

Thanks

·
Vendor
2,337 Posts
Does anyone actually even have one?

I have had a 460 Progressive Shock on order since the day it was released several months ago.

They are currently "On Backorder" with all of the major distributors, and were supposed to be "arriving any day" for months now.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Max McAllister said:

I have had a 460 Progressive Shock on order since the day it was released several months ago.

They are currently "On Backorder" with all of the major distributors, and were supposed to be "arriving any day" for months now.
They're afraid you will steal all their trade secrets!

·
Vendor
2,337 Posts
HA! I bet they have one of mine... :wink: :lol:

Phil Flack is a buddy of mine for a long time (the Progressive Man). When we were going back and forth to each other's booths at Wind Ding to hang out and talk, someone in his booth actually asked him why he would talk to me, since I was "the competition"... :lol:

We all get along great. Friendly competitors is the way to be. :)

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Ed you cheap *******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get on down here and see Max, Then I will buy your lunch. Max runs a first class act here. He will be there when and if something should come up. Everybody that has had one installed is very happy with it. Come off the hip and get it done!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Mr. Max McAllister asked:
They are currently "On Backorder" with all of the major distributors, and were supposed to be "arriving any day" for months now.\

They may currently be on back order butt i have been riding on a complete set for my '05 for the past 12,000+ miles since sept '06 time frame.
As with ALL bikes and other Wings i have owned, the shocks have been replaced with something other than OEM when they have worn out.

i find the Progressive units to be a great improvement over worn out suspensions systems as well as a New '06 Wings setup!

the additional adjustability to meet the various surface conditions is paramount. perhaps some of you other folks will one day appreciate the improvements over stock.

regards,
dave "cdog" riley
IBA #9417

·
Chard Member
12,969 Posts
cdogbt1sw03033 said:
butt i have been riding on a complete set for my '05 for the past 12,000+ miles since sept '06 time frame.

perhaps some of you other folks will one day appreciate the improvements over stock.
I'll probably never appreciate the improvement of a improved suspension an a 1800. I just can't afford it! :(

I also don't ride 12,000 miles a month like you do. I only do 25-30,000 miles a year! I'm a slacker I guess. :?

What's the weight, including passengers, that you usually carry? Just what improvement did you see? What type roads are you riding when you this improvement?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Had the 460 and progressive front springs put on at Sturgis for $900 total installed. Cuz I'm not a wrench and don't live near Ga.
Honda should be ashamed at the stock crap they provided on our luxury touring bikes.

The progressive's are awesome, did denver to edmonton 2 up with a very loaded Al's cooler carrier (what we took would have filled up a honda civic) with no problems and plenty of fun in the twistys

·
Registered
633 Posts
red asks:
What's the weight, including passengers, that you usually carry? Just what improvement did you see? What type roads are you riding when you this improvement?

did a 7500 7 day ride with momma on secondary roads from new england to gulf coast and then transited thru upper texas/oklahoma and into denver for a few days. after wards we shot up to duluth for a repair on my roadcrafter suit at Aerostich and then procedded up to the Sue and crosse over the TC back into upper vermont to home.
i just completed doing solo "The Void LD Rally" and happened to tear up some of West Virginia's bestest roads and tried to straightened out some of their kink's as well as some of thos... ahem! Trails designated for the Jeep/ATV type crowds. this in and around the Irelaand West Virginia area.

th e progressive's also happened to have a rebound setting which greatly enhanced the ride and handling effect. my only "Real " complaint is the actual location of that adjusting screw, BUTT! Progressive did provide a Ball Tipped Allen Wrench to make those tweaks!

·
Vendor
21,888 Posts
I was told Progressive shelved the development of the rear shock for the Wing last year. Dunno if they every actually made one or not, but I have never seen one.

I have run the Works shock and the Traxxion shock, and I am extremly happy with the Traxxion shock. I liked the Works shock, but I think the Traxxion is better dialed in for the bike, and it costs less to boot. Max can also bleed your pre-load actuator so it works like it is supposed to, so it kills two birds with one stone. I would highly reccomend the Traxxion rear shock to anyone.

And before you ask, no I don't have the Traxxion fork upgrade, so I can't tell you anything about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts