GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After riding a Traxxion demo bike at the Tulsa Wing Ding a few years back, I decided to upgrade my suspension. I didn't feel able to afford the Traxxion package, so I decided to go with Race Tech cartridge emulators, Progressive springs front & rear, and a Progressive shock. The stuff sat in my workshop for a couple of years, because I had some health problems and was unable to install them. I did the installation a couple of weeks ago. I installed the spring onto the shock, but found I could not line up the eye of the shock with the hole thru the boss of the bike. Comparing the Progressive shock to the stock Showa, the height of the top of the shock body was about 3/16" higher on the Progressive, in relation to the distance from the eye of the shock. Short of grinding off the bottom of the boss, there was no way it would fit. I called Progressive, only to hear that they'd made thousands of these shocks, and had never heard of anyone having this problem, there must be something wrong with my bike. My '06 has never been down, and the underside of the boss had no burrs or irregularities. I ended up putting the stock shock back on with the Prog. spring, and sending the shock in to Prog. Just got a call from the Progressive rep, and he still says there's nothing wrong with their shock. I have to pay inflated shipping to get it back, too! They would not trade it for any other merchandise, because I bought it from HDL. Anybody else had this problem? Maybe Honda just made the top shock boss thicker on my bike than the rest? Who wants to buy a new Progressive shock cheap? I believe I'm done with Progressive products.:wrong:

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
WELL IF IT DID FIT . AND YOU HAD ANY TROUBLE WITH IT , YOU WOULD BE $%$^&*()(*&^%$ OUT OF LUCK THERE OBSOLETE
BEEN THERE DONE THAT . I SENT MY WORKING SHOCK IN GOT PARTS BACK :wrong:.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Progressive is a totally arogant company; "we are the experts, and are never wrong!" I asked to trade my useless new $500. twin shocks (for a Vulcan 1500) a few years ago, for a couple of tee shirts... I had gotton so fed-up and insensed with them. They told me to stick it.

I urge no one to buy their products. :banghead:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts