GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to order my wife's Champion trike. For those of you who are experienced trikers, do you recommend that I have Progressive springs put in, or do the stockers work ok for a trike? Or perhaps something different?

I'm having the EZ steer put in, so I would only be paying for the cost of the springs. For a two-wheeler I wouldn't hesitate to install the Progressives, but I know very little about trikes.

Thanks!
Doug

S

·
0 Posts
Doug, I have a Champion kit on my wing and what I found was when the EZ steer was installed you have to put on longer top caps on the end of the front tubes. This lowered the front of my trike about 1 inch. I replaced the springs with Progressive springs and it brought the front back up to normal. As far as something different, there are some new things out there and you may want to look at them also, but as far as the Progressive springs they worked for me.

Tom

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had the Traxxion front suspension put on my CSC. They had to do some things different than on a bike, becasue of the added weight on a trike. It really made a difference in the front end ride and handling. It was worth the $1,000 to me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I put the Progressive Springs in the front of my Trike. They improve the ride on my Trike. The front got raised alittle. I also de-activated the anti-dive valve.

I don't have EZ-steer...yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts