GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the differing opinions on speed vs color and have always viewed the banter as good natured conversation. I know on my Yellow wing...it certainly feels faster than other colors I have ridden in the past, but again just put that sense down to a different time, place, frame of mind or different machine.

The knowing came in like a beam of sunlight. Black absorbs sunlight, which increases the mass of the wing which gives it a worse power to weight ratio, i.e. slower. So all the dark colored wings are operating under this increased burden. I can hear it already....well that must make the white wings the fastest...unfortunately, the answer is "no". The reason is that our sun emits yellow light. According to quantum physics, the energy of the sunlight resonates most efficiently with similar wavelengths of energy. So, while it is true, white is closer to yellow than say black, white is still at a disadvantage compared to the yellow wing. This is unless our sun was a "white" sun, which it is not.

So, once an for all, the question of what color is fastest has been answered. YELLOW IS FASTEST! :clap2: :D :clap2: I am sure if one our riders is a physicist, he or she can empirically prove this theory.

An yes, I probably have a bit to much time on my hands today.

:yw1:

G

·
0 Posts
Whoa, Gary! That's deep...very deep. :wink:

(And you're not even snowed in, you son-of-a-gun you!)

Ron
:blw1: '03

(the slowest color)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Seems to me that black would be the fastest when heading into the sun, yellow when riding with the sun to your back.

The light is going to slow yellow down heading into the sun, due to the reflection of light and resulting energy working against your velocity vector, whereas black will absorb it without energy being redirected to an opposite vector.

When travelling with the sun to your back, the opposite occurs. Yellow will reflect the light, adding to the energy of its normal vector, whereas black will absorb it, gaining no energy, but mass, slowing significantly.

So, naturally, candy red, being in between will not slow as much as yellow into the sun, and unlike black, it will have some added energy when the sun is behind. Ergo, for an all around fastest, you have to go with red. :D

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Boy,, If I could come up with some of those fancy $10,000 college words I would explain why the really fastest color is orange :) :) But I guess I will just have to see if I can BS more or less about it. Trust me, orange really qualifies as the fanstest, TRUST ME............ :roll: :roll: :eek:w1: :eek:w1: :eek:w1:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stormbringer, you have some good logic there...give you that :D

In the world of quantum Physics, logic of the physical world does not apply. The resonating yellow sunlight with the yellow wing actually has an effect of lightening, or reducing the mass, which is why it is fastest. All other colors create a "resistance" with the suns yellow energy, there by creating a drag resulting in being slower. Now to be fair and impartial, during the night (no sun) all the different colors are equal.

This unfair advantage the Yellow wing has is probably why Mother Honda stopped making it available....they knew the fastest yellow would hurt there bottom line because others are partial to darker colors. :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
Since it is well known that any galaxy that is going away from us is shifted to the red spectrum, it is fair to say that the RED ones are the fastest. If they show red, they must be going away! LOL

·
Registered
337 Posts
All I know on the subject is that I have never seen a yellow wing in front of me but many behind me in the rear view mirror of my black beast :D

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
GaryG said:
I am sure if one our riders is a physicist, he or she can empirically prove this theory.

I'm not a physicist and I don't play one on TV. But let me say this about that. Someone is full of little red ants

·
Registered
69 Posts
Gary has my vote..... positive proof..... LOL

·
Registered
40 Posts
Gary.....Your a mess !!! 8) You posted this on the GWRRA board also....and all I gotta' say is....
Yellow is bright and pretty... :yw1: I see alot of them in pictures, (sitting) and mostly....I see em' in MY MIRRORS..... :biker:
Catch me if N you can !! :lol:
www.pashnit.com
IRMac

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yellow has to be the fastest, because when I`m riding with other 1800s, people tell me all the time that they see me coming first. LOL ! :D

·
Registered
979 Posts
Yellow is the slowest

:D Honda just got a good deal on school bus paint :eek:4: ,never ever seen a fast school bus LOL :D :drive1: :yes: :yes: :a13: :a13: :sw1: :sw1: :sw1:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Ahhhhh Yes, The Quantum Physics Theory ! Know it well ! There is only one flaw in your theory, you never accounted for the Radiation excess. When the sun is directly at you a rectifier must be installed to thwart off the excess, Thus slowing the black ones to the point of non comittal. The yellow ones are simply in the prephase of this action and will soon turn Black. With red and Orange still in infancy. Now using quantum physics + a non glare diode the only resulting conclusion would be an overwhelming dominance fo the SILVER ones for pure SPEED ! Thank you very much ! :yes2:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yellow?

Every time I see a yellow wing I seem to have to find the nearest urinal.
HeHe

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Re: Yellow?

owensjo said:
Every time I see a yellow wing I seem to have to find the nearest urinal.

========== OUCH, that will leave a mark.

Actually , Titainum is faster.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just knew there would be controversy :shock: always is when new irrefutable proof is brought forward :D

For those that always see the yellow wing in your mirrows....I feel you pain, but when we ride the fastest color there is no need to demonstrate the fastness :D

Bill S. I totally agree with you on the "red shift" and you are correct about the red wing, but only if your riding your wing in the middle of the galaxy....but we are in a solar system with a yellow sun that way over rides the red shift...sorry :?

Granpa in Cincy: yes, we do have red ants here "fire ants" and they do make you move fast :22yikes:

Mike L: yes, am aware of the radiation excess, but Mother Honda made design changes specifically to compensate for the non-phased resistance on the yellow wings. All other colors have to buy aftermarket kits :D

owensjo: well if you have to stop there....your certain :luf1: ly not on the fastest

·
Registered
824 Posts
:eek:w1:

See, it went by so fast, couldn't even say the color!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts