GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this bike lift from Princess Auto which is Canada’s answer to Harbor Freight. You don’t get the best quality but the prices are always good. This is a ProPoint lift by Princess Auto. The air pump struggled mightily to lift the bike but eventually it did, but the foot pump works much quicker. The Ciro tie downs made that part of the job easy, the wheel chock however, will have to be upgraded.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Nice setup! Beats crawling on the ground for sure.

Reactions: Goldwing-Tour

·
Vendor
17,780 Posts
Be careful ... there are members who report getting "the call" from the dealer that their Wing fell off a lift. To me means various things:
- not tied down correctly
- maxing out lifts capability
- a poorly maintained lift
- bouncy as goes up/down
- poor "feet" support for the lift

·
Registered
222 Posts
I bought the harbor freight one when they had a special $100 off weekend. Seems to work great, I did have to add a different wheel chock tho.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Handy Industries lift. The problem with most of these shop lifts and a very big bike like the Wing is the relatively narrow width of the base support. I am always careful to lift the bike no more than necessary and lifting it to max height is a bit scary. It's not that the bike will fall of the list but that the whole lift will tip over.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Nice lift. Your chock sure looks better than the stock Harbor Freight chock. You also have the air pump available, although it sounds like it's a bit weak. How much is the lift up there? I've seen it as low as US$289.00 down here...most often it's US$299.00

Are those Goldstrike tie-down hooks on your bike?

·
Registered
930 Posts
I had a difficult time finding the right lift and wanted to make sure I got one sturdy enough for the wing.

I got a used Handy lift. The only problem I have is that I don't have a cut out for the rear wheel, or have the side extensions.
I am currently using 2 x 6's on each side to help with loading/unloading.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice lift. Your chock sure looks better than the stock Harbor Freight chock. You also have the air pump available, although it sounds like it's a bit weak. How much is the lift up there? I've seen it as low as US$289.00 down here...most often it's US$299.00

Are those Goldstrike tie-down hooks on your bike?
I bought the lift on sale for $469 CAD which is about $347 USD so a little more expensive.

Yes, they are Ciro tie downs, I like them, very easy to use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts