GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the bashing that goes on here to HD riders. I'd like to say,,two weekend s ago, I met a very nice group of 4 HD riders while tooling around SW Wi,,in Boscobel Wi (after getting done eating at Subway at that fare city,)to be exact. I learned from one of the four via email correspondence just yesterday,that the local HD dealer,, La Crosse Area HD there organizes a yearly ride for an diabetes foundation,,(The exact name escapes me). This ride took place last Saturday July,30th. He told me their daily ride took in $96K for this diabetes group!
I emailed him back,,saying "I wonder if any of the local golf clubs have ever raised that kind of money for ANY organization?"
I am sure these riders were not entirely HD riders,,but would guess the bulk of them were.
Usually bikers in general are looked down upon,by Joe public,,,lots of the times,,,bottom line...
Kudos to all who took part in this,in doing something rather than sitting on the porch,rocking!

bc

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thats one reason I purchased a Harley Davidson Streetglide...you also buy into the market,dealership,clothing,activities,always a fund rasing advent going on.And the only dealership that would let you ride a brand new bike off the showroom floor. They would not allow me to test ride my new 2012 Goldwing..I had to go on faith which turned out to be pretty good.

·
Love The DCT
12,017 Posts
With all the bashing that goes on here to HD riders. I'd like to say,,two weekend s ago, I met a very nice group of 4 HD riders while tooling around SW Wi,,in Boscobel Wi (after getting done eating at Subway at that fare city,)to be exact. I learned from one of the four via email correspondence just yesterday,that the local HD dealer,, La Crosse Area HD there organizes a yearly ride for an diabetes foundation,,(The exact name escapes me). This ride took place last Saturday July,30th. He told me their daily ride took in $96K for this diabetes group!
I emailed him back,,saying "I wonder if any of the local golf clubs have ever raised that kind of money for ANY organization?"
I am sure these riders were not entirely HD riders,,but would guess the bulk of them were.
Usually bikers in general are looked down upon,by Joe public,,,lots of the times,,,bottom line...
Kudos to all who took part in this,in doing something rather than sitting on the porch,rocking!

bc
The local HD dealer here did the same thing last Saturday, sponsored a big ride for diabetes. One of the metro MSP area hospitals sent up a rig for blood donations, they were very busy. The dealer put on a lunch bash for everyone. If you went away hungry, it was your own fault. The local HOG chapter, several area biker clubs, and solo/two up riders with no affiliation participated. I would say bikes were split pretty even between metric cruisers, tourers, crotch rockets, and HD's.

Absolutely no bad mouthing of what ya rode in on took place. Everyone walked around checking out everyone else's rides, and there were some awesome jaw dropping rides to look at. One biker's club riders ride tricked out Hayabusa's that have very long swingarms, drop dead gorgeous custom paint jobs, and probably more LED lighting than Wingnut's GL1800. Others in the same club favor the M109 and these too were tricked out with custom paint jobs, rims, and very large rear tires. A good time was had by all as the t storms all stayed to the north of were everyone was riding. Didn't hear what the donation amount was, but someone close to the event said it was large. :doorag:

·
Registered
21,024 Posts

bc
1. nice to hear good folks once again did a great job raising money for a very worthy cause :thumbup:

2. not a lot of Harley bashing on this board, to me it seems more like good folks just joking around and some folks can't handle it

3. the general public does not look down on motorcycles

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
They would not allow me to test ride my new 2012 Goldwing..I had to go on faith which turned out to be pretty good.
No test ride, No buy.
I'll be damned if I'll pay for something I haven't ridden.
No demos either, I want to ride the one I'm buying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts