GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Decided to sell my BMW and move into a GL1800. I retired from the Army a few years ago and moved to Florida. Trying to get the wife to ride with me a little more and she tells me she needs more comfort for that to happen. Looking at a nice 2006 in my area and figured I'd join here to gather some intel. Thanks for having me.

·
Chard Member
12,972 Posts
17 years of knowledge on this forum. I imagine you can do a search and find the answer to about any questions you might have.

If you buy, enjoy!

Welcome to gl1800 riders.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome from SW Ohio!
Look around and feel free to ask if you don't see the answer to any questions you have. There's a bunch of smart and helpful people around here.
Make sure to post pics when you find that perfect bike.

·
IronMan
17,463 Posts
WELCOME FROM EAST COAST FLORIDA AT BOTTOM OF MAIN PAIGE IS FLORIDA BOARD . PLENTY RTE'S

·
Registered
52 Posts
Most likely your BMW had more horse power and torque. I have a new 2020 GL Bagger and love it.
It's not a rocket ship but it's all I need and given the size and weight of the machine it's perfect. If you go full tour machine you'll have that rear tour pack and it should give space for stuff and comfort for the wife. Win Win!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome, I have a 2008 GW and in my opinion your wife will be in the comfort zone on the 2006.

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
Welcome from SE Idaho!!! An 06 is a fine choice, bigger radiators/fans, frame problems are gone, just a great bike all the way around. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :D

Reactions: Sladep

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you want some purchase options, get on Search Tempest and search all the Craigslists in the state. Florida has tons of Wings for sale. I bought mine in Deltona in April 2019.

·
Registered
784 Posts
My wife say our 2003 at the dealership and an hour later, I was riding it home. There is plenty of comfort on these rolling luxury liners.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh yeah! Good looking bike.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Welcome to Goldwings and the forum, I in Florida also just south of Daytona Beach in Edgewater. What part of Florida are you in? Make sure to join the Prowlers group on the Florida sub page.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts