GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys:
There has been a bill introduced into the NC state House that makes it against the law for anyone under the age of 16 to ride as a passenger on a motorcycle. It is NC House bill 920 introduced by some nanny named Braxton. I don't know about you but I believe that parents are the one who should be making that choice not a NANNY Government offical!!! It's time to stop the state from taking away our right to make choices when it comes to our childern. I am providing a link to the bill and a link to the state reps addresses PLEASE WRITE YOUR ELECTED OFFICALS AND TELL THEM TO VOTE NO on this boatload of crap!!!!

Here's the bill
http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2009/Bills/House/PDF/H920v1.pdf

Here's the link to email addresses
http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascripts/members/memberList.pl?sChamber=House

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
If your not an AMA Member then this act alone should make you wish to join. The AMA has been all over this for awhile.

http://www.ama-cycle.org/

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just got a reply back from my Representative which indicates that we have at least a temporary reprieve on this. But, it doesn't hurt to continue letting the Reps know how we feel. If this should become law it will put an end to children's participation in Ride for Kids, plus numerous other events where we are currently able to ride children on our bikes. Cullie's email is below:

"Dennis and Kathy-We're in session right now and I just asked Rep. Braxton about this bill. He introduced it at the request of a volunteer fireman in his district but he has no plans to go forward with the bill so it's dead for this session. Cullie"

Dennis

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got a reply back from my Representative which indicates that we have at least a temporary reprieve on this. But, it doesn't hurt to continue letting the Reps know how we feel. If this should become law it will put an end to children's participation in Ride for Kids, plus numerous other events where we are currently able to ride children on our bikes. Cullie's email is below:

"Dennis and Kathy-We're in session right now and I just asked Rep. Braxton about this bill. He introduced it at the request of a volunteer fireman in his district but he has no plans to go forward with the bill so it's dead for this session. Cullie"

Dennis
Thanks for that update but you are right and I will keep up the pressure
:thumbup:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wojo,

When I first became aware of this proposed bill I not only sent an email to my Rep and to Rep. Braxton, I also sent notices to all 40 of the North Carolina GWRRA Chapter Directors and to our District Staff, asking that they help us spread the word. I'd be willing to bet that our legislators are going to know where Gold Wingers stand on this misdirected bill.

Dennis Hull
GWRRA-NC District Director

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wojo,

When I first became aware of this proposed bill I not only sent an email to my Rep and to Rep. Braxton, I also sent notices to all 40 of the North Carolina GWRRA Chapter Directors and to our District Staff, asking that they help us spread the word. I'd be willing to bet that our legislators are going to know where Gold Wingers stand on this misdirected bill.

Dennis Hull
GWRRA-NC District Director
Thanks for the good work you can bet I watch em, they will insert language like this without us knowing about it. You gotta watch them like a hawk!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts