GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have a difficult time finding polite language to describe my distaste for the Westboro group. With that being said, I don’t see any good coming out of the protest ride. Why should we as riders want to lower ourselves to their standards? It is difficult enough to overcome the outlaw biker image…..

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a difficult time finding polite language to describe my distaste for the Westboro group. With that being said, I don’t see any good coming out of the protest ride. Why should we as riders want to lower ourselves to their standards? It is difficult enough to overcome the outlaw biker image…..

So how do you feel about these folks??

·
Registered
215 Posts
So how do you feel about these folks??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AupyzbQMLAs
BMXDad

As a matter of fact, I recently joined the Patriot Guard. I see a ton of difference between showing honor for fallen heroes and protecting their families from the Westboro protesters or anyone who protest at a funeral and actually stooping to the Westboro level by protesting at their church or whatever they choose to call it!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would love to ride with them but alas, I live too far away. I absolutely agree with the theme and sentiment of this ride. I'm a proud member of the Patriot Guard Riders AND a Christian and I believe that the behavior exhibited by this "church" is reprehensible and they should be legally confronted at all possible times. May God Bless the riders.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BMXDad

As a matter of fact, I recently joined the Patriot Guard. I see a ton of difference between showing honor for fallen heroes and protecting their families from the Westboro protesters or anyone who protest at a funeral and actually stooping to the Westboro level by protesting at their church or whatever they choose to call it!
The folks that ride with the PGR are generally disciplined enough to avoid direct conflict with the Phelps.

This protest ride? While I support the cause, I think there will be "behavior problems" when the ride arrives in the area of the Phelps compound.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The folks that ride with the PGR are generally disciplined enough to avoid direct conflict with the Phelps.

This protest ride? While I support the cause, I think there will be "behavior problems" when the ride arrives in the area of the Phelps compound.
I agree that the PGR is disciplined enough to avoid direct contact and I hope there is no direct contact or behavior problems. This will be a highly charged situation by both sides and the potential is there for things to quickly escalate out of control. No doubt in my mind the Westboro followers probably deserve to get a little taste of their own medicine. My concern deals with the image the protest ride will project to the general public. I would hate to see this viewed as a bunch of bikers stooping to the Westboro standards by protesting at what may or may not be viewed as a church.

Oh, well enough said! Have a good day!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I just wish I could join them.:thumbup:

·
Banned
350 Posts
Sometimes when those Christians get together they do some odd stuff...who would have even thought a bunch of Christians would be protesting at a funeral?

·
Registered
352 Posts
:agree::agree::agree::yes1:

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
It seems like any group is judged (by outside observers) by its worst members.

1%ers give the rest of us a questionable reputation

"Christians" are tarnished by Westboro people

ETC..

The Patriot Guard does not engage in "protest" rides, but all it's going to take is one biker with a high BAC and a gun at this event and we'll all suffer a black eye.

Phelps & friends love the attention -- it helps them have a larger audience to spread "god's message".
I won't give it to them.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Rock music, drugs, and a revenge ride by wanna be bad boys. No thank you.

Now if a group of bikers who live in the area have the time to put to good use, the best thing would be to leave the bikes at home, dress unlike bikers in everyday wear, and picket some of their activities. They do like 20 plus pickets every Sunday.

Now surely a group of level headed guys, with a common goal and discipline could find their weakness and use it.

Get them to cross the line, get them to use violence or to put themselves in the bad press.

When a preacher is smart enough to walk the fringe, never enter the combat zone and burn the Koran, and put our young men in harms way and the government has to obey the laws of the land, where all are protected , then you have to be smarter than he is. Work on his followers, get them to cross the line. Surely a few of them have a gun and a temper, get them to use it. Goad them, taunt them, they are human right, they will get mad, then they are subject to mistakes.

A revenge ride will only backfire, and give the WBC more of what they want. Publicity.
A revenge ride will only play by their rules, it will not go well.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Rock music, drugs, and a revenge ride by wanna be bad boys. No thank you.

Now if a group of bikers who live in the area have the time to put to good use, the best thing would be to leave the bikes at home, dress unlike bikers in everyday wear, and picket some of their activities. They do like 20 plus pickets every Sunday.

Now surely a group of level headed guys, with a common goal and discipline could find their weakness and use it.

Get them to cross the line, get them to use violence or to put themselves in the bad press.

When a preacher is smart enough to walk the fringe, never enter the combat zone and burn the Koran, and put our young men in harms way and the government has to obey the laws of the land, where all are protected , then you have to be smarter than he is. Work on his followers, get them to cross the line. Surely a few of them have a gun and a temper, get them to use it. Goad them, taunt them, they are human right, they will get mad, then they are subject to mistakes.

A revenge ride will only backfire, and give the WBC more of what they want. Publicity.
A revenge ride will only play by their rules, it will not go well.
Exactly!! All WBC wants is more free publicity and the chance to start more lawsuits against someone. The family has a bunch of lawyers in it. If you ignore them long enough, they will go away. My .02

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Ignore them and let nature take its course.

·
Registered
352 Posts
One of the members here has a sig line that goes something like 'Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience'
My concern is that the folks organizing/attending this protest ride have fallen or will fall into that exact trap.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts