GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,
Looking at Provo to possibly move to after I retire. Looking for opinions from people that live/lived there.
1. What's good
2. What's bad
3. Crime?
4. Whatever you deem important.
TIA, really need to find thigs out to choose between this and a few other cities. We are planning a trip to go see.
Hobbit

·
Registered
99 Posts
It is the LDS Capital of the world, about 90 percent of the people who live there are LDS. It makes it hard to get a mixed drink, or anything else not allowed by the church. On the plus side crime rate is very low and the mountains are very close to town.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Like Rusty say Provo is very LDS and one of the fastest growing cities in the country. Utah in general is a wonderful state to live in. But I feel there are much nicer places to retire in than Provo. I personally like central and southern Utah better. Utah has some of the best MC riding in the country, and Wyo and Idaho are great areas to ride also. I like the 4 seasons that we have and if your into outdoor activities i.e. sking, fishing, boating, hunting whatever you do, you can do it in Utah....

·
Registered
5,695 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
It all depends on what you are looking for. I moved to South East Utah about 20 years ago from Las Vegas and never looked back. I do not live in Provo but I personally find it ok if you like the city life. I have kids that live there. I live in the middle of nowhere and love it. Like the others have said there is a lot of variety here in Utah so you should be able to find what ever you are looking for. Let any of us know if you have any questions on some things.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RUSTYDAY,BOBBYC,POOCH,DHEATON, Howdy, I'm sorry I did not get back to you all sooner, have been busy getting ready to go,. I appreciate all the info, I am not planning on living n the city itself, just general area if we like it.ME NOT CITY BOY! LOL, So, to any of you, if southern Utah is nicer, is there a particular area I should check out while I'm there?
If we could arrange a meet and greet, I'd like that. I will not have access to the forum, but I have a cell. If any of you are interested, pm me your number, and I will give you mine. We should be in your area on Sunday 5/18. Oh oh, bad news for a church community.
I do like outdoor stuff, but with my physical limitations I can't do as much as I'd like. So now we ride!!!
Thanks again for the reply's, I hope to see you all there!!
Hobbit
P.S. again, sorry for the delayed response.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Hey Hobbit if you are looking for someplace that is not so big as provo you could look at Richfield, Cedar, Hurricane. There are many others as well. I really like Hurricane and the people that live there. It is growing fast. You can contact me if you would like any specific info.

David

RUSTYDAY,BOBBYC,POOCH,DHEATON, Howdy, I'm sorry I did not get back to you all sooner, have been busy getting ready to go,. I appreciate all the info, I am not planning on living n the city itself, just general area if we like it.ME NOT CITY BOY! LOL, So, to any of you, if southern Utah is nicer, is there a particular area I should check out while I'm there?
If we could arrange a meet and greet, I'd like that. I will not have access to the forum, but I have a cell. If any of you are interested, pm me your number, and I will give you mine. We should be in your area on Sunday 5/18. Oh oh, bad news for a church community.
I do like outdoor stuff, but with my physical limitations I can't do as much as I'd like. So now we ride!!!
Thanks again for the reply's, I hope to see you all there!!
Hobbit
P.S. again, sorry for the delayed response.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Which way are you coming into Utah? Maybe us Northerners:joke: could meet ya on the down? dheaton has given you some good advice on Richfield, Hurricane and Cedar City. PM sent with number.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which way are you coming into Utah? Maybe us Northerners:joke: could meet ya on the down? dheaton has given you some good advice on Richfield, Hurricane and Cedar City. PM sent with number.
From the north, I-15 I think.
Hobbit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts