GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Goldwing Tour with 4600 miles on the clock. Am hearing a 'ticking' noise coming from right side of engine while idling. Anyone else experiencing this with your 2018 Wing? Honda is choosing to ignore my request to have it fixed. They're claiming its normal. While it wasn't heard before getting my bike back after the 1st oil change (done by dealer) it isn't 'normal.'

Psycho Dude

·
Vendor
17,787 Posts
Have you checked your oil level as outlined in the Owner's Manual ???

What kind of oil did they use ???

Can you make a video of the noise, post it on YouTube, and paste the link here ???

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Welcome to the board! Your ticking is normal, as it eminates from the fuel injectors and is a confirmation they are squirting fuel with every tic. Now go ride and quit worrying!

Many smiles and miles!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
On a 2001-2017 without hearing it myself I would say the ticking is most likely normal and they all do it.
But since he is riding one of the new 2018 wings I have next to no experience with those so I’m not sure what to think, maybe he could try getting together with another 2018-2019 rider to compare. Since Honda is saying it’s normal I’m thinking it most likely is normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts