GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I may be there next week for the week, need recommedations on eats and short evening rides.

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
I'd sure ride Skyline Drive off of 50 just west of Canon (Canyon) City.

According to MS Streets and Trips it's about an hour and a half round trip, unless you choke on Skyline Drive, then it might be longer...

Heading over to Westcliff would be a nice ride.

Maybe some of our friendly folks from down that way can give you some more pointers.

Have a good time while you're here!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Rides:

• Hwy 50 West to Canon City gets you to Skyline Drive on the west end of the city.
  • Hwy 50 west to Salida is a nice ride
  • I agree on the Westcliffe trip as well
  • !-25 north to Hwy 24--west to Hartsel, and then Hwy 9 back down to Hwy 50---you come out about 10 mi. west of Canon City
  • Also going over the Royal Gorge bridge can be interesting--just east of junction of Hwy 9 and Hwy 50
  • Go to Hartsel as above, but go north to Breckenridge up Hwy 9 instead
  • If snow has melted up in the mountains, taking a ride west up 24 and then going to Cripple Creek, and from Cripple Creek down the back way to Hwy 9 and on to Hwy 50 again is a fun ride.
Eats in Pueblo (for local flavor):

• Jorge's (mexican food) on Evans off of Northern Avenue in the Bessemer area of town
  • East Coast Pizza on Hwy 50 West (Sicilian)
  • Passkey--three or four locations--Great Italian sausage sandwiches
  • Grays/Coors Tavern--home of the slopper--open face burger smothered in your choice of chili
  • Star Bar--off of Santa Fe avenue--sloppers, burgers
  • There's a Thai restaurant in the shopping center where the Safeway store is located off of 50 West and Purcell Blvd, but I can't remember the name of the restaurant
In Canon City, Le Petite Chablis is a terrific French restaurant (that doesn't serve portions so small you have to go eat somewhere afterward to fill up)

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I've heard about that slopper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts