GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, I've been Jonesing for something a little sporty since I sold my Gixxer a few years ago. Got a B-KIng with 764 miles on it for $8,000. Guy said it was too "tippy". For two hours after my first ride Sunday, I could only utter "heh heh, heh heh heh (Think Bevis, or was it Butthead?) So the Wing has a playmate now.

Lazygirl fell in love with it right away. I've never paid attention to color or looks of any vehicle I've bought. The King will take a while to get used to for me, but I won't have to see it from the seat. When a friend gave me my first Wing I thought it was the ugliest thing I ever saw. I was into light and fast back then. I called the Wing Artie. (R T....for Road Toad ;) )

The B-King just looks strange to me.

Lazygirl said "Well, it is hideous, but it's still WAAAAAYYY better looking than you, honey."

It's embarrassing the way she dotes on me.

·
Registered
19,443 Posts
I put the Suzuki B King and the Yamaha VMax in the same catagory. They are naked sport cruisers that are very fast. I think they both look great because they don't look like every other bike. Enjoy!!!!!

·
Registered
21,137 Posts
what the heck is a B-King ?

i thought it was one of those hamburger joints

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Cycle World, or Motorcyclist just gave the edge to the B-King over the V-max.
It is a Suzuki Hyabusa without the plastic. It is naked.:oops:

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts

i thought it was one of those hamburger joints
I love it when something catches me off guard and I burst out laughing.

Now that was FUNNY!!!

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Congratulations, on your new ride!!! I have heard nothing but glowing reviews with the B-King!!

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I know how you feel. I miss the adrenaline rush of my previous sportbikes. My favorite was a Kawasaki ZRX1200R I bought new in 02. They called it the "torque monster." The most fun bike ever through Deals Gap and BRP.

Attachments

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
I rode one that our local dealer had(Everett Power Sports). I know what you mean by HEHEHEHE. If I had some extra cash around I would buy one in a heart beat.
****:congrats:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a video of me breaking in the motor gently :eek:

Here's a review

http://motoaus.com/road/road-bike-features-and-reviews/suzuki-b-king-ridden-and-raced-review.html

It's a chimera. Bars too low and pegs too rearward and high to call it a standard. Obviously not a current sportbike design, no fairing and too upright for that.

Reminds me of the riding position we used to have when we started converting the Nortons to "cafe racers", before the sport bike position went full fetal.

The only complaint on the reviews is the weight, because it weighs 40lbs more than a Busa. Cracks me up. It feels like a ten speed with warp drive to me.

It sacrifices performance above 150mp and 9,000 rpm and at 90% on twisties to be ideal between 25mph and 100mph and 70% on twisties. This seems to make a lot of sense to me.

Check out the front fork motion on this video. Wish my Wing were this plush.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/252/Motorcycle-Video/2008-Suzui-B-King.aspx

Despite the rave reviews, Dealers are blowing these $12,800 bikes out the doors at under $10,000. Maybe because they're so ugly, maybe because they're neither fish nor fowl. Total sales flop. I can't believe I got this much bike for $8,000. Hell, I'd have over 764 miles on it in the first weekend any way.
Of course the Wing will continue to do my heavy lifting, probably accruing 80% of the miles, but it'll be nice to have this rocket in my pocket.

·
Registered
21,137 Posts
i was surprised to see how much greener everything is down by Milton, we still have lots of snow on the ground up here

maybe u could give us another demonstration in May at the Dells ride

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Didja notice how I lost 150lbs too?

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Kewl, I like the way you ride and do gentle break-ins, are you sure your a Winger? :lol:

There are people who hate the looks of any bike, who cares? Looks like a bad arse hooligan bike to me. Enjoy the wilder side of riding.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Hey, they have a Burger King in Milton . . . . and a McDonalds . . . .

But I prefer Georgios!

lol

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
What kind of mileage do you get on your tires?:eek:4:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Congrats, I did the same as you, and I think it's a great complement to the Wing. I came off of 2 FRJs and a Concours 14, and the King is an absolute hoot to ride. I love mine, and my kid bought one, too. They're absolutely great values for what they're selling them for.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Cycle World, or Motorcyclist just gave the edge to the B-King over the V-max.
Kinda moot, since it looks like the B-King is gone from the U.S. market for 2009...Guess the styling was a little to funky for most...

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, they have a Burger King in Milton . . . . and a McDonalds . . . .

But I prefer Georgios!

lol
Georgio's is next door to my office. He's the reason my talking bathroom scale now just says "OVERLOAD" :eek:4:

·
Registered
140 Posts
You're right that the B King won't be imported in the US for 2009, but since it sold much slower than expected, there are alot of leftovers still at dealers, and since the media has scared the wits out of everyone about the economy, dealers are selling them cheap. MSRP is $12899, and a dealer at a bike show in Chicago had them advertised for $7999. That's where Lazyboy got his. It's a helluva bargain, and it performs better than the brand new $20K Yamaha V-Max in all categories.

G

·
Wow !!!!

:bow: Ok, first of all... I have to remember NOT to let you borrow my bike.. LOL !!!! Secondly... YOU can ride man... Yipes.. that was cool...

Here's a video of me breaking in the motor gently :eek:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=tqgHtjXD9j8

Here's a review

http://motoaus.com/road/road-bike-features-and-reviews/suzuki-b-king-ridden-and-raced-review.html

It's a chimera. Bars too low and pegs too rearward and high to call it a standard. Obviously not a current sportbike design, no fairing and too upright for that.

Reminds me of the riding position we used to have when we started converting the Nortons to "cafe racers", before the sport bike position went full fetal.

The only complaint on the reviews is the weight, because it weighs 40lbs more than a Busa. Cracks me up. It feels like a ten speed with warp drive to me.

It sacrifices performance above 150mp and 9,000 rpm and at 90% on twisties to be ideal between 25mph and 100mph and 70% on twisties. This seems to make a lot of sense to me.

Check out the front fork motion on this video. Wish my Wing were this plush.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/252/Motorcycle-Video/2008-Suzui-B-King.aspx

Despite the rave reviews, Dealers are blowing these $12,800 bikes out the doors at under $10,000. Maybe because they're so ugly, maybe because they're neither fish nor fowl. Total sales flop. I can't believe I got this much bike for $8,000. Hell, I'd have over 764 miles on it in the first weekend any way.
Of course the Wing will continue to do my heavy lifting, probably accruing 80% of the miles, but it'll be nice to have this rocket in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I looked at the B-King but I'm not giving up my Hayabusa for one. The Busa out handles and out performs it in every way.

I also want to point out a contradiction in your statement on the miles. You said you put over 700 miles on it the first weekend. You may have put that many on the rear tire but only 200 on the front tire!!

Nice riding though! Have fun, Keep the rubber side down and the shinny side up!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts