GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in Punta Gorda Florida ,rode in with the cage.I was wondering if anyone had any good Ideas of what to do.My wife and I are hoping for some suggestions

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Dump the cage and "rent" a motorcycle..................LOL

Enjoy that "well earned" vacation!

Hope you get good warm temperatures........................

Ronnie

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dump the cage and "rent" a motorcycle..................LOL

Enjoy that "well earned" vacation!

Hope you get good warm temperatures........................

Ronnie
My problem is its raining like cats and dogs all day:wink2:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Drive to Cedar key, north of you on the Gulf, a great restaurant. Drive south on 41 and drive through the everglades, watch out for large snakes laying across the highway. Drive to Orlando only 120 miles from Tampa. Drive south and go to the Keys.
Pick a direction except west and drive. Remember in Florida, you are only 70 miles from a coast line.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drive to Cedar key, north of you on the Gulf, a great restaurant. Drive south on 41 and drive through the everglades, watch out for large snakes laying across the highway. Drive to Orlando only 120 miles from Tampa. Drive south and go to the Keys.
Pick a direction except west and drive. Remember in Florida, you are only 70 miles from a coast line.
Thanks for the info We might just do that

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Leanne and I were just in Punta Gorda last week visiting friends. I guess we should have stayed another week and then we would have missed the deep freeze in Wisconsin. I'm not any help about what to do on a rainy day.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Right there in Punta Gorda there is a private collection of Chevy muscle cars, mostly Corvettes, was there just a few weeks ago, worth the nominal entrance fee.
http://musclecarcity.net/museum/

Also in Fort Myers about 25 miles south is the Edison Museum, well worth a visit and also a Murder Mystery Dinner Train, https://semgulf.com/murder-mysteries/, not sure how long you will be in the area, hey book up pretty fast, so may not be anything available for tonight.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts