GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was hoping to get some feedback on this vendor before placing a large ($1000) order with them. They have some great savings on name brand riding jackets, etc. but sometimes that is at the expense of good customer service. Thanks for any replies. Gary

Cli-Max Riding Gear
http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
​Seems to be some happy customers. I'll be checking them out.

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
i've used 3/4 times last couple years - and so has my daughter ( got me heated gear ) great service and good prices !

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update on my order from CLI-MAX Riding Gear, Product reviews, in-stock, FED-EX

The stuff I ordered arrived and I wanted to let you know what I thought about the company and the process.

FirstGear HT Air Overpants
(Men's: Mens 38, Women's: Choose Size)
51-5210-1831$213.71 USD$213.71 USD
FirstGear Kilimanjaro Gloves
(Choose Size: LG)
FTG.1110.01.M0011$89.96 USD$89.96 USD
Firstgear Kilimanjaro Jacket - Men
(Choose Size: LG, Choose Color: Silver/Dark Grey)
FTJ.1206.03.M0011$272.61 USD$272.61 USD
Sena SMH10 Bluetooth Headset with Boom Mic-Dual
:) .)
SMH10D-101$229.25 USD$229.25 USD

The order was placed on a Monday morning after a phone call to them to VERIFY that all items were available and IN STOCK. The person I talked to said he had the headsets in their office and everything else in their warehouse. Placed the order online as I use PayPal. The confirmation e-mail said the order was "Awaiting Fulfillment". OK. Get the stuff together and ship it. Great. Should have it pretty quick, TX to NC only a couple of days for FED-EX. Checked Thursday evening and order status was still the same. Called Friday morning to find out why and was told that everything had been received at the warehouse and would be shipped that day.?? I found out that not everything was in a warehouse and shipping this large(?) of an order separately from their suppliers would cost them too much for the shipping so they consolidated it and then shipped it. I guess they don't pay to have things shipped to them either from companies like First Gear?
Ok, I wish I had been told this up front but they promised it would go Friday. Received the order the next Thursday. What, you say, 6 days for FED-EX? Bad weather, truck accident, WUWT?
Here's the tracking:
Date/TimeActivityLocation
2/06/2014 - Thursday
12:24 pmDeliveredMount Gilead, NC
8:10 amOn FedEx vehicle for deliveryFORT MILL, SC
4:25 amAt local FedEx facilityFORT MILL, SC
2/05/2014 - Wednesday
9:36 pmDeparted FedEx locationCHARLOTTE, NC
4:33 pmArrived at FedEx locationCHARLOTTE, NC
2/04/2014 - Tuesday
9:52 amDeparted FedEx locationHUTCHINS, TX
4:33 amArrived at FedEx locationHUTCHINS, TX
2/03/2014 - Monday
11:57 pmLeft FedEx origin facilitySHERMAN, TX
6:57 pmArrived at FedEx locationSHERMAN, TX
6:08 pmPicked upSHERMAN, TX
1/31/2014 - Friday
6:00 pmIn FedEx possessionALLEN, TX
Package received after final location pickup has occurred. Scheduled for pickup next business day.
12:15 pmShipment information sent to FedEx

Now, please don't fire off that clever, snide, "Can't fix stupid" reply just yet. My only complaint is with the person I talked to before ordering that could have said that "In stock" might mean that it was "In stock" at one of their suppliers and would could make for a little longer delivery time. Why be obtuse about that? Compared to "It's back-ordered from the manufacturer for up to 3 weeks" it would have been no big deal for me. I understand free shipping means they get to decide how to best do it for them. I wasn't in a big hurry, and I was getting a great deal on the headsets and overall saving quite a bit. Turns out other places are now selling them at that price. New model comes out in March. But, I would have paid a lot more elsewhere at the time. Others were around $289.99.

A few thoughts:
All the reviews and responces from here were positive. I think they can be a good source. Thks to Bartman and Unclejohn.
I was naive to think I was getting such a great deal. They claim to save you more than the other guy. In the end I probably did save a few bucks on the jacket and they had lowered their price on the Sena before the more popular sources. I wouldn't have waited and spent over $400 on the newer one anyway.

Their shipping policy states:
"Cli-MAX Riding Gear & Motorcycle Accessories ships all in-stock orders in 1-2 business days. Free Shipping and/or shipping prices quoted at checkout apply to lower 48 States only. Select items & Over-sized items will still incur surcharges where applicable".
I tend to get nervous when there is over $800 dollars all ready charged and no tracking after 4 days.

Their response to my question "In-stock means you are like Amazon.Com?" was, "Yes, That's one of the ways we save you money over the other guys and can offer free shipping." Smart re-selling, just copy the big guys.

Other sources of MC gear don't always show if it is in stock on their websites. Try to beat that without calling them first. Did it again this week. Lesson not learned yet.

Everything I ordered was new, in plastic bags and undamaged and the right stuff, good thing as the box was not. Love the headsets, they work as well or better than advertised. They even impressed the wife when I called her at 55mph.

Haven't figured out the FED-EX thing yet and obviously wouldn't blame CLI-MAX for that but it did take 5 days for Fulfillment and made for bad timing to FED-EX?

So, If you are still here and not wondering why I wasted your time reading this when you could be staring out the window at the new snow coming down as I am, or bailed at "can't fix stupid" , I got the email from them about doing a review and decided to ask you guys first before I made a fool of myself or actually did someone else some good.
Otherwise, let em fly.

PS: Have you heard the one about the scientists and the giant, talking, fluorescent green gorilla?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Fed Ex has next Day Air, Second Day Air, and Ground service. It appears that they shipped your merchandise via their Ground Service. A good rule of the thumb for Ground Service is 1 day for every 200 miles from shipper. Glad you finally got your merchandise. Hope it does you well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fed Ex has next Day Air, Second Day Air, and Ground service. It appears that they shipped your merchandise via their Ground Service. A good rule of the thumb for Ground Service is 1 day for every 200 miles from shipper. Glad you finally got your merchandise. Hope it does you well.
Thks for your comment. I'm sure your right. When I pulled loads from NC to Dallas we left Mon night and delivered Wed morning. Reload that night and back in NC Sat. Of course nowadays they can't quite do that. :?I didn't have a good reason to not take the free shipping option at the time. The part that I didn't follow was it getting picked up on a Fri, bouncing around Dallas and not leaving TX until the next Tues?

The First Gear clothing is great. My son likes his so I bought the same. Did an hr last weekend and was happy winger. Gary

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've had this happen to me before also. When you order on Friday afternoon, most of the time the order will not go out before Monday (which is what happened in your case). For me, it was a lesson learned. Don't order on Fridays and expect a quick delivery. Just isn't going to happen.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had this happen to me before also. When you order on Friday afternoon, most of the time the order will not go out before Monday (which is what happened in your case). For me, it was a lesson learned. Don't order on Fridays and expect a quick delivery. Just isn't going to happen.
Your right of course about ordering on Fri, and I did place the order on a Mon and it didn't get shipped till Fri. Didn't see that coming when they claim 1-2 day shipping if it's in-stock? Gary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts