GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have been reading this section on GPS for the last 3 months and ready to purchase a unit by Xmas. I have never own a GPS before and listening to you pros there is so many units available that it gets to be confusing for a guy like me . Garmin seems to be top of the line and also heard of Iway Lowrence.

I am interested only on the best GPS available that will service my needs while travelling on my 1800 as well when using my car or truck. I do not want satelite,MP3, FM or anything else for that matter unless you tell me otherwise .

Would you all be kind enough to recomend a brand and model simple to operate voice attivated ,touch screen, that will service my needs for years to come.

Best regards
Season Greetings to all of you
Joe

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Joe,

By now you should have a pretty good idea of the features you need but your post seems to suggest otherwise.

Take another month or two and determine what features meet your specific needs...no disrespect intended.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Garmin 2720 is a great unit, can use in both vehicles....doesn't have mp3 or xm.....waterproof, easy use....I have one and like it fine....download routes from PC...

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Take a close look at the Garmin 2720. I'm not sure what you mean by "voice activated", but I think the 2720 will fit you well.

The iWay (500 or 600) is probably the easiest to operate, but it's not the most reliable. Also, make sure whatever you buy is water proof. You may not ride in the rain much, but it only takes one trip through an errant sprinkler to ruin your expensive GPS. Waterproof is a must to use it on the bike.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KYBLUE said:
Garmin 2720 is a great unit, can use in both vehicles....doesn't have mp3 or xm.....waterproof, easy use....I have one and like it fine....download routes from PC...
Thank you for your comments, what is the best price for a unit and where to get it ?

regards
Joe

·
Banned
1,477 Posts
purchasing GPS

The best price for a 2720 is at Walmart on-line for $594. UNIT ONLY!!
I found that the best way to do this is to purchase the entire set up through Jon @ "goldwinggadgets.com".
He will ask you what your requirements are. Then he will direct you to what you need, for your requirements.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Re: purchasing GPS

pearlblue1800A said:
I found that the best way to do this is to purchase the entire set up through Jon @ "goldwinggadgets.com".
He will ask you what your requirements are. Then he will direct you to what you need, for your requirements.
I second this! You might save a couple of bucks elswhere, but you won't get better service ANYWHERE! Jon will set you up with all the right stuff and won't sell you anything you don't need. He will also help you with the operation of your new unit. Worth every penny.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Jon is good people and will take care of you.

I bought mine off Ebay, and that's a fine place to shop IF you know what your looking for and know the prices of all your wanting.

Being new, I would stay with Jon..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts