GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents, after reading a review of OF's someone posted a link to recently I was wondering if anyone has used this filter and would care to give me a reivew. I know filters ain't rocket science, but this one got much better reviews than most. Yep reviews are subjective......that's why I seek more opinions. this filter is a "microfilter" and I'm wondering if this may somehow hamper the flow within the filter having more or finer passageways for the oil to return to the crankcase.

Opinions welcome, but looking for reviews of users of this filter specifically. I think I may try one.

thanks,

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hadn't thought of the bypass........so then the worry wart might question....... Does all this "microfiber" cause the bypass to stay open excessively, and thus not filter the oil properly?

Surely they are designed to work without that happening?

I don't get the microfiber vs the non microfiber bit........is it really better or does it bypass more often?????

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Harry, that is the link I refered to in my first post, and what promted me to inquire about it and it's real world service. I think that was your link originally that I saw....thanks for that.

Toyo, thanks for your input.....I certainly trust your judgement given your extensive background in this area.

I am going to use one and see how I like it.......(not sure how Ican tell really except for how clean the oil stays throughout a cycle). I actually have already bought the filter recently!! I don't intend to extend the service life of my oil much past 3-4k. Just how I like to do it.

Thanks again to both of you guys,

I'll let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ray, I am a bit picky about my oil and filters I use in the engines in my family's vehicles. Rebuilding and repairs is too dang expensive not to be as I'm sure you know. I like the looks of this filter and the reports I have received here and read about in the link above. I will start using them and checking the oil regularly for their effectiveness to establish some sort of idea how well they filter and if they are an improvement over other filters I've used.......I expect to find that they are......how much.....I don't know if tha can be measured by my simple means. I guess I could have the oil tested (afater it's changed).......but I have more faith inthe filter and am not really up for that much research.

I believe that this is a good one!!!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well this has been interesting. My intentions was to find and use a better filter than the Honda filter. I don't know why I thought Honda's was not sufficient......I'm sure it is.......but after seeing the documentation of the Pure One I felt like it may be better.......doa better job.......now I'm not sure. I still worry that the finer filtration may cause a starvation of oil to the engine. I now it has a bypass.......but would not want it open all the time due to starvation......then you have limited filtration!

Maybe I'm being a worry wart......maybe both filters are fine (Honda and Pure One), maybe it just it not something to be so concerned about??

I would like to feel confident that the more media in the Pure One will offer better filtration without restriction of oil to the engine, and therefore possible harm.....and i mean on the slightest level. I'm thinking now that if I keep the RPM's down I shouldn't have a problem.......hell that's no fun!!! 8) Maybe the Pure One that is not the "micro-filtration" type??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts