GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
The old VW Beetle engines had a 'filter screen' which was a metal screen that was about equivalent to window screen. All you had to do was keep the oil changed every 3000 miles, clean the screen at the same time, and adjust the valves regularly, and the engines would run for years/miles.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Point being that very few on this board will keep their wing long enough to warrant going through all the trouble of doing all this research and oil changing rituals. I'm planning on keeping my wing until it falls apart, or I can no longer ride. Face it, there are riders that are trading every few (couple) years that could probably get by without ever changing their oil.

I see the same thing at work. We had a really bad railroad crossing that was much smoother if you just flew over it; it was raised higher than the road. It kind of had approach ramps on both sides, like Evel K flying over buses. These guys with their new PU's and suv's would slow way down and gently rock side to side going over this crossing. I would fly across it and be nice and smooth. I've still got the same vehicle, they've traded a couple times already. Today's vehicles are tougher than people give them credit for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts