GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Knocked the right mirror loose on my wing. The only part that broke was the push down bolt retainer, which compresses the spring and holds the mirror assembly on to the casting. Honda shows the whole mirror as one part for a couple hundred bucks. What I need is that 24 cent part. Any help in tracking down this item would be appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,211 Posts
Knocked the right mirror loose on my wing. The only part that broke was the push down bolt retainer, which compresses the spring and holds the mirror assembly on to the casting. Honda shows the whole mirror as one part for a couple hundred bucks. What I need is that 24 cent part. Any help in tracking down this item would be appreciated.

Thanks

Greg
Try a hardware store or buy the whole frame assembly on EBay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok here is the fix Honda in it's wisdom does not break down the mirror assembly so that the retainer can be identified. It would appear they would like to sell you the whole assembly for a few hundred dollars. I couldn't find the push down retainer but did find a 15 mm push down retainer for a threaded bolt for 85 cents.

The pictures show the process it turns out that there is a black plastic clip in the mirror housing that has to be removed so that the bolt spring can assembly can be inserted into the housing. The bolt and spring assembly with the bracket in a my vise and a 13/16 socket puhed the retainer down to the grove in the bolt.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts