GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost 2 pins when i had my shelter off to replace the air filter and the dealer wants $5.00 a pop for them. Has anybody got them from a hardware store or auto parts store ?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I lost a few of mine over the years too. I just used short round head screws and they have been in there for 3 years now.

I even touched up the screw heads with black paint so they don't stand out and no one knows they are in there except you and I...oh, and a few others now....:lol:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I also do as Eck says.

I do not even paint mine, you cannot see them when the trap door is shut.

Some of this amazingly engineered patented fastener stuff..........well.......plain ole screws work more better.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I bought a set of 12 last year when I needed 2. Pm me your address and I,ll throw a couple in an envelope and mail them to you free of charge.

don

I lost 2 pins when i had my shelter off to replace the air filter and the dealer wants $5.00 a pop for them. Has anybody got them from a hardware store or auto parts store ?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Or use this one: 90116-MCS-G00 RIVET, PUSH. It's from the front cowl on the 2012. It fits and only 88 cents from wingstuff

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
You can buy one that looks just like it at Lowes, in the aisle with all the screw bins. Study closely, you will be surprised what they carry in stock.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Hint: When you pop them to remove, close door and take the pocket out away from the bike. I can honestly say I have never lost one and that is why.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts