1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy's
My friend Pat has an intermittent problem with his 2006's CB
when it's parked the push to talk works just fine
but underway (navy stuff) the TX indicator will display monetarily then go out, and not transmit.
Have any of you had or have heard of this problem?

Troublemaker.
Pat's email is [email protected]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing. I checked the radio and the SWR is perfect and no shorts to ground. I'm planning to take the tupperwar offf and silicon spray and clean all the contacts. not sure what else is left.

Guy's
My friend Pat has an intermittent problem with his 2006's CB
when it's parked the push to talk works just fine
but underway (navy stuff) the TX indicator will display monetarily then go out, and not transmit.
Have any of you had or have heard of this problem?

Troublemaker.
Pat's email is [email protected]

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Sounds like a bad connection -- thinking either dirty contacts or possibly worn switch.

Bike is still under warranty if he purchased the extended plan and that should be covered. If not, tell him to see if any of the lights inside that cluster are out. The lights burning out IS covered and Honda replaces the entire cluster as a unit so everything inside the cluster should be new.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Have not had this issue but just sitting back reading, sounds like it could be a cut/crimped wire in the left handlebar harness. Parked, the bars are probably turned to the left and the PTT works. Riding with the bars straight, it doesn't work. Sounds like a wiring issue.

Good luck. Let us know.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
If I do not use my PTT switch for a while, I get this. Once I start using the PTT it will wipe itself clean after a while and work perfectly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts