GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I admit it...in the winter I trailer my bike to warmer locations to ride. (I remember seeing LaMonster in Daytona and saying..."well I didn't ride here, we trailered." His response was..."well you're riding now"!)

Anyway...I am thinking of purchasing a trailer to pull behind the Wing. Mainly to have a way to take our 23 pound Border Terrier with us. If I spend the $$$ to buy a trailer I would want to be able to put it in my Haulmark bike trailer to take south.

My bike trailer is 8' 6" wide 12' long trailer. The distance between the inside wheel wells is 80". The wing is 36" wide. If the wing trailer was 38" wide there would be 2" of clearance between the wheel well-the wing-the trailer and the other wheel well.

Has anyone put their Wing trailer in their bike trailer???

Shooter Indy

·
Registered
823 Posts
I've never done it but I can see why you would want to. I just got a new trailer to pull behind the wing and I have thought many times how nice it would be to have a trailer to actually haul the wing if needed. I'm sorry I can't help with what you were asking but can I ask what brand of trailer is that in your pics, it looks great.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Shooter..............Call me at the factory (423-562-9900) and I will give you several ideas that you may find worthwhile. In 22 years I have seen most everything and kinda know what works and what won't. Regards,

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well I new you had good taste when you got the black wing but you are carrying this to far. LOL The picture below is our black HaulMark LowHauler 8X12 and was pulled with a black GMC suv up till about 2 months ago when it turned into a new F150 Ford pickup. I have a new GL setting up a Bushtec waiting to be picked up. Just can't seem to get the weather and my time on the same schedule to go and get it.

We use the trailer when we make long trips with another couple we ride with. They have an Ultra and she has bad back problems and can't take the longer rides on the Harley, go figure. LOL So we trailer the bikes some times. The picture was made at a wedding in the Keys we went to. As far as hauling the wing and a trailer it shouldn't be a problem. I just checked on the Bushtec site and it says a GL is 38" at its widest point. I put my wing on the right side of the trailer because it is easier to get to the tie downs and my rear floor mounts are back more on the right side.

You all coming down for the BigBike riders ride in this spring.

Panther

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Panther,

What a coincidence...well classy is classy whether it's in Georgia or Indiana.

I'm going to call John Preston at Bushtec today. It does look like the GL trailer will fit. I was a little concerned about such a narrow trailer, but when I saw Bushtec made one I know it will be stable and great quality.

I haven't seen anything on the Big Bike Riders ride. Do you have any info on where and when??

·
Registered
175 Posts
Shooter the ride in is going to be in Maggie Valley, N. C. this time. The date is May 21 & 22. Lamont has a thread on the Big Bike Riders site with more information.

Let me know if your all are going and we will make it also.

Panther

·
Registered
279 Posts
Bushtec Trailers

Shooter: I bought a Bushtec in October and love it. So easy to pull you don't even know it's back there until you stop for fuel and receive all the comp :lol: lements. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts