GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:luck:Took our first extended trip since going to the Darkside. Running a Kuhmo on the rear and a Stone G709 on the front. We went to Rapid City for a GWRRA Tri-State Rally (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska) on Thursday 06/09/2011. We ran into rain several times before we got to Rapid City:rain1:. Had absolutely no problems running on the wet roads. It is about 375 miles from our home 40. We spent a couple of days riding in the Black Hills running the twisties of the Needles Highway along with Iron Mountain road and many others. The bike handled like a dream:cool: and my better half assures me that the ride is much smoother for her.:lol: 100% satisfied with the change. Logged about 1100 miles on this short trip and ready to go again.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
:clap2: Glad it worked out well. I never ride with a passenger but it sure seems like they like the ride much more. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Hey Irishman3,
Glad to see your trip to the hills went well :thumbup:
When we was leaving the hills on Friday we saw a bunch of wingers heading the other way from Rapid city, and I talked to one of them that was on a white wing to confirm it was the tri -state rally you was speaking of just days before and kept looking for your silver wing just the same as I ride but did not see one in the packs that was going the opposite direction.
Glad to hear you had a good time :thumbup:
We would have joined you but we had to head back to the salt mines :cry:

OH YEA, and that CAR TIRE ROCK'S DON'T IT ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:luck:Yea we had a great time and there were a lot of wings in the Hills over the weekend. Maybe we can catch up to you in Lincoln one of these weekends. I will give you a shout out before we head to the Star City.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Cool :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Did you get a chance to test the BMT in the Badlands? :p

Sounds like you had a great trip. We ran across the Region F's rally in Pueblo CO on our way back from UT. Just coincidence that we picked the same hotel. :shrug: Looked like they were putting on quite the shin-dig!

:luck:Took our first extended trip since going to the Darkside. Running a Kuhmo on the rear and a Stone G709 on the front. We went to Rapid City for a GWRRA Tri-State Rally (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska) on Thursday 06/09/2011. We ran into rain several times before we got to Rapid City:rain1:. Had absolutely no problems running on the wet roads. It is about 375 miles from our home 40. We spent a couple of days riding in the Black Hills running the twisties of the Needles Highway along with Iron Mountain road and many others. The bike handled like a dream:cool: and my better half assures me that the ride is much smoother for her.:lol: 100% satisfied with the change. Logged about 1100 miles on this short trip and ready to go again.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Okay, all you guys on the fence.....what the hell are you waiting for? Safer, cheaper, more miles, et cetera. :thumbup:

·
Registered
814 Posts
I've got the same set up as you have - love it!! Wife loves the smoothness as well. Just got Traxxion springs and shock and it only enhanced the ride.,

·
Registered
879 Posts
The DARK SIDE :22yikes: is a beautiful thing:congrats:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats:I'm glad you had a enjoyable trip!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:luck:We did run the scenic route through the Badlands in and out of the rain. That's also a great ride and some beautiful rugged country. While in the Black Hills @ Custer State Park we rode through a herd of Buffalo probably 100 strong. They were right up to the edge of the rode eating all that new growth grass. I was concerned that one of those big bulls might mistake our wing for a cow. Could have been interesting.:eek:4: While we were there we took a group picture @ Crazy Horse Monument. Probably 75 - 100 bikes there is a good chance it will be in Wing World Magazine. Look for my smiling face:doorag:

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Thanks for the ride report -- sounds like a nice trip.

Gotta love that tire!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts