GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep ! I was hoping to get a ride or two in before the "S" comes, (Can't bring myslef to say the 'S" word).....LOL I'm on vacation this week and figured I better get it done while I have the time. So it's change the
oil, gear lube and stabil the tank and she'll be sleeping before noon. So you Mi riders get ready, there's going to be some real nice riding coming up. It never fails.......... :)

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Mr. Hibernation,

You have plenty of time left yet. Stop shooting all of those foul, and you will have time.

I am waiting through November Mike. I still might get a few hundred miles on yet. "W" comes early enough as it is. i can't rush into it.

We are planning on heading to Florida with the bike (trailer) in February and terrorize some of those Floridians for a week or two. So it won't be all that bad.

Bulldog

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yah Know what you mean :( It's "S" ing here in southern Minn. this morning 2 to 4" expected BUMMER.
Won't get to harvest corn today or ride the Wing, but hey it's just the middle of Oct, I'm hoping for Indian summer and some nice rides yet. I don't usually put mine to sleep till about Thanksgiving
Now I suppose you southern boys are going to tell us how great your riding is now, but then we were out riding when it was to hot for you guys to even stick your nose out the front door. I have spent time in the south and I know what your heat and humidity is all about. And I also know you will still be riding when it's to cold here for me to stick my nose out the front door. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Mike,

Do you KISS your wife with that mouth! If you are going to use such filthy language please post a warning first. My Riding partner (youngest daughter) is excited about the white stuff but wants to ride some more. I am going to chance the weather and put off tucking my baby away until spring in hopes of a few nice day left to ride. Besides you will get enough "S" to play in we only get the gray dreary days and ice.

If you ever head south through the Great State of Ohio and need a break in the Troy, Ohio area (North of Dayton) I can recommend a great place to get frozen Custard (ice cream). We all know that Wingers can not pass up ice cream.

RIDE SAFE AND BECAREFUL.
Rusty

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I was not going to reveal this about MikeL, but this thread has brought out the worst of me.

MikeL is a scoundrel, traitor and not a focused member of this board.

Seems Mike recently purchases a new "S" blower after many years of hard, cold wet shoveling.

It would appear to me, that Mike, is just too damned excited about getting his "new" baby out and taking it for a spin.

Sorry Mike, I know I am your bud, but!

I wonder if there is a "S" blower board Mike can visit?...>LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
373 Posts
We're in the pleasant riding season here. I get to wear all the safety gear (in comfort) I should be wearing all the time. :D

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
We kow exactly how you feel Mike. We were running around just the other day saying it appears we are going to have to fire up the furnace.
Then it dawned on us, we just needed to starting wearing something other than shorts and tank tops. :shock:
Now we did see a fair amount of that "S" stuff just the other day, then I told Mikey to change the channel. Strangely enough it warm right up after that. :lol:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ohhhh ! You guys are cold ! Just plain cold I tell ya ? Well ? You did cause me to think about my decision so I went to the weather forcast and it doesnt show any sun for the next 7 days, rain or snow is predicted for each day. Soooooooo, I'm on my way to the gas station. Mr. Hitt ? You dawg !.......LOL I guess I can hi-jack my own post ? I'm not looking forward to this at all.......... :(

·
Registered
806 Posts
Mike L That looks like about 5" of that global warming they are talking about.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Mike L said:
Ohhhh ! You guys are cold ! Just plain cold I tell ya ? Well ? You did cause me to think about my decision so I went to the weather forcast and it doesnt show any sun for the next 7 days, rain or snow is predicted for each day. Soooooooo, I'm on my way to the gas station. Mr. Hitt ? You dawg !.......LOL I guess I can hi-jack my own post ? I'm not looking forward to this at all.......... :(

We have a cotton harvest coming up that looks something like that... :D

·
Registered
503 Posts
Nooooooo

.....not yet!!! Mike, this is going to be an ElNino winter so there will be lots of good riding every month...anyway thanks for preparing us for warmer weather now that your bike is put to bed!
Bill

G

·
Yup Mike,

One of these days I'll be going through the winterizing process and sad to say our riding season coming to a end.

But hey, then we'll have a excuse to get PMS and our southern riding friends will just have to put up with us until March................. :lol:

I do go out in the garage, say around the Holidays, sit on her, and make cycle sounds once in awhile.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I've lived in the north and remember the days of "winterizing" my motorcycles. Suddenly Houston's heat and humidity in the summer doesn't seem so bad.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shhhhhhhhhh ! Now you guys be quiet and don't wake the baby........ :)
If nice weather does return I can, re-install the battery and have her back on the road in no time. Red ? One of these winters I'm gonna surprise ya and come visit...... :)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Mike,
Ya look good with the "other toy" there :wink: and that's just another reason I've been in the South for the past 30 yras (and countin'). :wink: I'd rather see the cotton flyin' this time of year other than that other white stuff. :lol:

:flg:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I would like to thank you for winterizing your bike, it will surly get warmer in Michigan now. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts