GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing the oil anf final drive gear, and I picked up the oil and filter yesterday, but I forgot to get the short piece of tubing for the final drive oil.

So at 0830 this morning, Saturday, I head over to our local hardware, half expecting them not to be open, to my surprise, they opened at 0800, and when I asked for a foot of tubing, there was a 2 foot chuck left on the reel, and they said just take it. I mean it would have only been a few cents a foot anyway, but it reminded me of the local owned hospitality that you don't get at Walmart or lowes or homedepot.

I had been in the store before, because it is close to the house, and they carry a great selection of chrome and stainless nuts/bolts/screws standard and metric.

So I felt like I should put out a good word for the local business owner; they may not always have the lowest price, but I will definitely try and give them more of my business, just for the good old fashioned service.

If you are ever passing through Port St John Florida, and you need something hardware related, I definitely suggest you drop in to Port ST John hardware.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I hate to see the small hardware stores go. Around here HD and Lowes have long ago put most all of them out of business. I use to love and go to them and just look around. The guys who worked there were always a wealth of information about how to do something and knew exactly were everything was located. I've had them give me bolts, nuts, tubing, rope and many other small items free of charge. They would say I'll catch you next time, but never did. Miss those places.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I hate to see the small hardware stores go. Around here HD and Lowes have long ago put most all of them out of business. I use to love and go to them and just look around. The guys who worked there were always a wealth of information about how to do something and knew exactly were everything was located. I've had them give me bolts, nuts, tubing, rope and many other small items free of charge. They would say I'll catch you next time, but never did. Miss those places.
And if you ask someone for smething at Lowes or Home Depot they just say check isle # so&so. NO personal service.:eek:4::eek:4:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts