GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a simple program that I can get and install on my computers that will allow me to copy songs off of my own music cd's(not the whole album) and put them onto a flash drive to play thru my Honda Gold Wing system. My iPod plays thru it so I assume it has to be converted to mp3? Any suggestions anyone? I have Windows Media Player and iTunes programs on my computers. I believe also Roxio.

As usual....I appreciate the input/suggestions.

Thank......

Denny

·
Registered
549 Posts
Firstly, you have to determine if indeed they are MP3 files. If its music you bought from iTunes, then they are NOT MP3 and there is no easy way to convert them. If you "rip" your CD's via Windows Media Player (that you already have) then you can choose them to be in the MP3 format, then you can just use Windows Explorer to drag the files onto your flash drive. You show not need any extra software to do any of this.

·
Registered
814 Posts
http://bikemp3.com/

I put this on mine - integrates with the controls so you can choose up to nine CDs and have 99 songs on each one, all MP3. There is a software program on Wingstuff so you can arrange the songs in the order that you want. It was $150 and you can install it yourself. Uses thumb drive or a SD card. Hold the CD button and you can advance from CD1 to CD2, etc, quick flick of the button and you can go from song 1 to 2, etc.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Roxio will rip the cd's to MP3. Just make sure you set the bitrate at 128kbs. If your trying to convert Apple audio, ITunes can convert them, or look for a free conversion utility.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Roxio will rip the cd's to MP3. Just make sure you set the bitrate at 128kbs. If your trying to convert Apple audio, ITunes can convert them, or look for a free conversion utility.
That is correct. I do it all of the time. Both MP3s and CDs.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Putting music on a flash drive.

I have Roxio Basic V.9. Do I need an updated version? If so...which version do I need? If I use Roxio and copy onto it....how do I get them onto flash drive? And do I need to convert them to MP3 in order to listen to them on the Wing thru my USB plug in the trunk?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Putting music on flash drive.

That is correct. I do it all of the time. Both MP3s and CDs.
I have Roxio Basic V.9. Do I need an updated version? If so...which version do I need? If I use Roxio and copy onto it....how do I get them onto flash drive? And do I need to convert them to MP3 in order to listen to them on the Wing thru my USB plug in the trunk?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Is'nt there also a program to even out the audio level? So you don't have to keep screwing with the volumn?

Dan Moore
St Charles MO

·
Registered
386 Posts
Spend a couple of dollars and get the Bike MP3 player, you won't regret it.

As said above, it works of the CD player controls so you can pic the disc you want and the song you want. You can have 9 CD's (Files) with up to 99 songs per file. It mounts in the trunk and plugs right into the CD connector under the seat.

You can load your music on a SD card or Stick, and it has an auxiliary input for an MP3 player if you wish.

If you have a NAV system on your bike, there is are additional things you will need, but there is only a $10 price difference for that added equipment.

Plug it in, load your Card or Stick, Play!

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
I do not have the Bike MP3 player, but I have the same thing. I have had it for several years, it is controlled with the CD player controls. It works really great. I would highly recommend going that route.

Roxio can change itunes to MP3, witch is what you need. I'm not sure about the free version, if that is what you have. Myself, I use DCH.
It can change anything to anything. Nero does the same thing. As far as actually doing the conversion, you would just need to read the instructions.

I believe there is enough info already in this thread to get you through converting files. If you change to the Bike MP3 or whatever... same thing.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just a suggestion, but I had problems using a USB 2.0 thumb drive (skipping) so I stepped up to a USB 3.0 thumb drive and no problems!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bike MP3 player

Spend a couple of dollars and get the Bike MP3 player, you won't regret it.

As said above, it works of the CD player controls so you can pic the disc you want and the song you want. You can have 9 CD's (Files) with up to 99 songs per file. It mounts in the trunk and plugs right into the CD connector under the seat.

You can load your music on a SD card or Stick, and it has an auxiliary input for an MP3 player if you wish.

If you have a NAV system on your bike, there is are additional things you will need, but there is only a $10 price difference for that added equipment.

Plug it in, load your Card or Stick, Play!
So who makes the MPs player you're referring too and where is the best place to buy one if I decide to go that route?

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
I've been using itunes to convert files to MP3's. (It makes an MP3 version and saves the original version)

Works with cd's copied to computer and with purchases from the itunes store.

No extra software required.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I use REPLAY MEDIA CATCHER. It can record video or music media on the computer, convert different versions of files, split and splice..... I pull music with this from Y-Tube videos and convert to mp3 sometimes that goes on a sd card for the bike.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Just a suggestion, but I had problems using a USB 2.0 thumb drive (skipping) so I stepped up to a USB 3.0 thumb drive and no problems!
Also make sure it meets what is called "Class 10" specifications. I had the same problem you describe and a USB 3.0 meeting Class 10 was the cure.

Also, it may help to stay at 32 GB or less. If you need to go over 32 GB you will probably need to reformat the Flash Drive. They usually come formatted "exFat" and need to be formatted as "FAT32" to work on the factory Goldwing USB system. I used a freeware program: "EaseUS Partition Master" to do this on my 64GB USB Drive. The downside to "FAT32" formatting is that it will not support individual files larger than 4GB. FWIW, It is extremely unlikely that you will have any songs that come even remotely close to 4GB in size.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts